Moto X 2014 Have you looked at your IR sensors? Curious if I might have a bad one.

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
When the screen is off you can see the sensors light up. I see three of mine very clearly, even in a lit room if I look, but the top left one I can only see a small glimpse of light from it if I'm in a dark room. The functionality doesn't seem to be affected as far as I can tell but I was wondering if some of you can take a look and let me know if you see all four sensors clearly.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Have you looked at your IR sensors? Curious if I might have a bad one.

When the screen is off you can see the sensors light up. I see three of mine very clearly, even in a lit room if I look, but the top left one I can only see a small glimpse of light from it if I'm in a dark room. The functionality doesn't seem to be affected as far as I can tell but I was wondering if some of you can take a look and let me know if you see all four sensors clearly.

Could there be light leaking inside the phone itself that is making it to 3 of those ports? I don't think you're able to "see" IR sensors light up?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

It's normal to see them light up

Check out Phil's video review

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Are we sure there is suppose to be three or four sensors? I can capture three of them by taking a picture but I can't see the upper left one if that exists.
uploadfromtaptalk1412368432295.jpg

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah there's definitely four. If you watch some of the video reviews you can see them lighting up when they show the front. Although I've noticed that the fourth one that is in with the ambient light sensor (left of the ear piece) seems to flash slower than the others for some reason.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Yeah there's definitely four. If you watch some of the video reviews you can see them lighting up when they show the front. Although I've noticed that the fourth one that is in with the ambient light sensor (left of the ear piece) seems to flash slower than the others for some reason.
Thanks, that gave me an idea, instead of taking a picture I took video. The upper left sensor blinks a lot faster and is not as bright as the other three which stay lit longer.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

isn't one of them a receiving sensor?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

IR light cannot be seen by the human eye. Probably just indicator lights to let you know the sensors are working properly.

Posted via Android Central App

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I have the same experience. I noticed I can see it at an angle sometimes. It appears the upper left one has something covering it (like a bridge). Perhaps that bridge is some kind of light deflector.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

wouldn't be easier to just wiggle a finger in front of each sensor? if the active display comes up than it's working, does it really matter if you can see it or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12