I think I saw this question asked and answered a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot the answer, and couldn't find the thread when I searched:

How do you display not only the battery logo (showing graphically the amount of juice left) at the top of the screen, but the actual % left in the battery?
    10-03-2014 10:59 PM
    Try under Settings>Battery. There may be a percentage option. It may also be under Settings>Display.
    GSOAT likes this.
    10-03-2014 11:14 PM
    http://nexus7.wonderhowto.com/how-to...ablet-0149770/

There is a third party app that will do this for you.

Posted via Android Central App
    GSOAT likes this.
    10-03-2014 11:21 PM
    Here's the Play Store link to the app..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid4batpercent

It's a white percent on the white battery so as it gets lower it becomes visible!

Posted via the Android Central App
    GSOAT likes this.
    10-04-2014 12:55 AM
    Settings =Display=Display Battery Percentage (select it).
    dmark44 and GSOAT like this.
    10-04-2014 12:09 PM
    Settings =Display=Display Battery Percentage (select it).
    That is not an option in the Moto X

Sent from my Moto X (2nd Generation) using Tapatalk
    GSOAT likes this.
    10-04-2014 12:10 PM
    Not an option on stock android. You can however pull the notification shade and select the right hand quick setting box to show the quick settings and the battery % is there in the battery box.
    GSOAT likes this.
    10-04-2014 12:29 PM
    If you're not already using one of the popular home/clock widgets available than I would recommend the simple/free widget called Dash Clock. There is an extension available that will display battery percentage left.
    GSOAT likes this.
    10-04-2014 02:46 PM
    If you're not already using one of the popular home/clock widgets available than I would recommend the simple/free widget called Dash Clock. There is an extension available that will display battery percentage left.
    +1 to Dash Clock, lots of very good and useful extensions.
    10-04-2014 03:55 PM
    I use circle battery widget. Simple, good looking, customizable & no extra battery drain. Been using it on all my phones & tablets for a long time now.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    10-04-2014 05:02 PM
    Stock android does not show the percentage in the bar, but there are several apps (like everyone has listed above) that will do it for you.

The quickest way to see your actual percentage without an app is to pull down the notification bar with two fingers (or one finger and press the settings icon on the top right). Your quick settings menu will show what the percentage is for your battery on the second icon down.

If you press the battery menu icon it will take you straight to the battery setting showing the percentage of each process that is eating away at your battery too.
    GSOAT and mumfoau like this.
    10-05-2014 09:24 AM
    You can either pull down the quick toggles using two fingers from the status bar which shows the percentage. Or use Notification Toggles as an alternative. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ficationToggle
    GSOAT, dmark44 and Anonne like this.
    10-05-2014 09:42 AM
    You can either pull down the quick toggles using two fingers from the status bar which shows the percentage. Or use Notification Toggles as an alternative. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ficationToggle
    Great app suggestion! I love having a row of toggles on the main notification shade. I use a similar program called Settings Extended that is also very good and very customizable:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.hb.settings

I will say I like the appearance of the battery percentage in your screen shot from Notification Toggles a bit better.

Sent from my Moto X
    10-06-2014 12:13 AM
    I want something that replaces the Batter icon.
    10-06-2014 06:07 AM
    I think the only way to actually replace the icon is if you root your phone, which would require you to have the Pure Moto X, or possibly a non-ATT/Verizon phone at least (on the original Moto X, the non-ATT/Verizon phones had unlockable bootloaders - I don't know if the new ones do).

However, I'm using the Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery App, and it displays an icon with % in the status bar; but it doesn't replace the existing one unfortunately.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:43 PM
    You could try Battery Widget+, which provides both widget and notification area options.
    10-06-2014 12:56 PM
    This worked for me on the Moto X pure edition running Marshmallow Ver 6. .
    How to show battery percentage on your Android 7 Nougat device - Pocket-lint
    12-15-2016 02:14 PM