Is it just me (or my phone), or is the call volume on the new Moto x is low out of the box... Anybody know of a solution for this?
    10-05-2014 12:38 AM
    Is it just me (or my phone), or is the call volume on the new Moto x is low out of the box... Anybody know of a solution for this?
    Have you adjusted the volume while you have an active call? During a call while using the phone's earpiece (or Bluetooth headset) you can adjust the volume. That's the only time you have control over the volume level your hearing is actually during a call.
    10-05-2014 07:13 AM
    Yeah... Last night I kinda realized that ear placement in this phone matters quite a bit as the speakers shoot a little up and out. And coming from a smaller phone, it would probably take a little getting used to. Thanks though!
    10-05-2014 07:52 AM
    This is one area I noticed also. Not completely happy with this. The iphone 6+ and Nexus 5 earpiece volume blows the moto x away. I need to have more phone calls before I am sure though.

Posted via my Moto X 2
    10-05-2014 11:50 AM
    I'm not having any earpiece volume issues while on a call at all. If anything the volume was way too loud, and I had to turn it down. I would certainly check your settings.
    10-05-2014 04:06 PM
    This is one area I noticed also. Not completely happy with this. The iphone 6+ and Nexus 5 earpiece volume blows the moto x away. I need to have more phone calls before I am sure though.

Posted via my Moto X 2
    Hey planoman, I just noticed you had an Atrix too! Man I loved that phone for the first year, and then it got buggier and buggier. I still have it in a drawer somewhere though and it still works.
    10-05-2014 04:09 PM
    Hey planoman, I just noticed you had an Atrix too! Man I loved that phone for the first year, and then it got buggier and buggier. I still have it in a drawer somewhere though and it still works.
    The Atrix was so cool with it's fingerprint scanner! It was built like a tank! I had the Atrix 2 also for a few weeks. It was just not supported but a nice device for the time. Had a same shutter sound as current Motos and a camera that was medicore....

Posted via my Moto X 2
    10-06-2014 08:44 AM
    Just got mine today and I think it's pretty low from the headset speaker even on full volume...I have to hold the phone just right to really hear a caller's voice. I turned the audio effects off so maybe that will help. On the plus side, blue tooth volume is excellent with my Moto Buds.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2014 08:45 PM
    My Moto X 2014 arrived on Friday and the in call volume is really low. I'm going to make a few more calls from different locations just to make sure it isn't a reception issue. If the problem persists though I will be returning my device, Which is a shame because I really love this phone it's perfect for me in every other way. I can't put up with very low in call volume though.
    10-27-2014 05:28 PM
    Hmm.. I have bad hearing (I blame my teen thrash metal concert years) and I think the call volume is aok. Louder than my old Nexus 4 for sure.

I have the PE but I think the audio hardware is the same on all versions.

10-27-2014 05:33 PM
    Have you guys tried this?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=456220

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    droidman2177 likes this.
    11-02-2014 04:46 AM
    I originally had this issue as well and realized ear placement makes a ridiculous amount of difference. I have to remember (and its basically become habit now) to put my ear on the right side of the earpiece speaker. If I do that, it's more than loud enough. Anywhere else on the earpiece speaker and its very low.
    11-03-2014 04:41 PM
    Not sure what you guys are taking about. This is the loudest phone I've ever owned.

afrozeke likes this.
    11-09-2014 01:01 PM