Docks- Does New Moto X fit Griffin Powerdock?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried seeing if their new 2014 Moto X works with the Griffin Powerdock designed for the original Moto X? I'd like to know if it sits ok on the dock, it charges and that dock mode (Android Dream) will activate on the phone.

Obviously you would have to remove the little rubber piece that cradled a called OG X.

I haven't heard anything about a dock becoming available for the new model and having a dock is pretty important to me.

Sent from my Moto X

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is any question it would charge or force daydream mode. The only thing I'd be concerned with is whether it will balance correctly or if it would want to tip.

Posted via the Android Central App

queritor

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the original PowerDock for the 1st-Gen and it does not trigger daydream mode on the Gen 2 when set to "While docked". The only way it will work is to set daydream to "While charging" or "Either".

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, queritor. That's disappointing news though. I guess that means there may not be a magnet near the usb port to trigger dock mode in the new model.

Surprising since Motorola has a history of offering docks with their smartphones going back to all of the droid models.

Sent from my Moto X

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the original PowerDock for the 1st-Gen and it does not trigger daydream mode on the Gen 2 when set to "While docked". The only way it will work is to set daydream to "While charging" or "Either".

Can you confirm that the Gen 2 sits ok in the dock? and charges good?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2