Moto X or Note 4 ?

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I love moto x (have 2013 version, planning to buy 2014 version but confused) There are few important advantage with Note 4:
1. Strong Battery (removable) with ultra saving mode.
2. QHD
3. Better Camera with OIS
4. Smart S Pen
I will miss active notification the most. I don't use much of touchless control. Please guide.

Posted via Android Central App

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Make up your own mind. These are very different devices with different experiences. You have to decide what is important to you.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I was sick of the Note design after gen2. It hasn't changed. At all. They have to change it at some point, right?

Posted via the Android Central App

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I love moto x (have 2013 version, planning to buy 2014 version but confused) There are few important advantage with Note 4:
1. Strong Battery (removable) with ultra saving mode.
2. QHD
3. Better Camera with OIS
4. Smart S Pen
I will miss active notification the most. I don't use much of touchless control. Please guide.

Have you ever used a Samsung device before? If not, I strongly recommend going in to a store and playing with one (any one, but a Galaxy S5 would give you the best idea). Samsung phones are about as far away from the stock Android experience you've had on your Moto X 2013 as you can get while still having access to Google services and apps. TouchWiz, Samsung's skin, is *very* heavy handed. Some people love it, others (myself included) can't stand it.

If you're OK with TouchWiz, then it's just a matter of deciding what's most important to you in a phone. Personally, I don't care about QHD screens or the S Pen. The Moto X battery seems like it will easily last me a day, so that's another non-issue (for me). All that leaves is the camera, and for me that's not enough of a dealbreaker to push me to a Samsung.

But that's me. You'll have to answer these questions for yourself.

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating this as well. I currently have a Nexus 5. I've bounced back and forth between Android phones and iPhones primarily because of the camera. I have 2 small kids that are always on the move so I am always looking for a phone with a camera that can get good shots of them. So far the iPhone (5S) has been the best at this. I was hoping Motorola would have significantly improved their camera on the new Moto X, but I don't think I've heard any good reviews of the camera. This has me thinking that maybe I won't be able to get a good camera on an Android phone that is stock or close to stock. Anyone here using their new Moto X feel like the camera isn't as bad as reviewers are saying?

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
While I can't tell you which phone is best for you. I just ditched my Note 3 and moved to Moto X 2nd gen. Here are my response to the 4 concerns you listed:

1. Battery: Yes, Moto X does not have the best battery life but still enough to last me for one day use. With chargers in the office and in the car and portable battery charger, I don't see this as a big issue for me.
2. QHD: not going to miss what I don't have and Moto X's screen does just fine for me.
3. Camera: Moto X is not as good but for taking random shots and post to social media, it does just alright. Not a huge con for me.
4. S-Pen: Never really used it with Note 3, doubt I will be using it more with Note 4.

Here are my list of why I picked Moto X instead of Note 4:

1. Want a device with smaller footprint, while I never had a huge issue of carrying note 3 and love the large screen size but at this point, I want to drop down to a smaller device.
2. Moto Assist, Voice, Display, Action are awesome.
3. Close to pure android experience is always a plus and faster update to Android L
4. Moto Maker and the leather back... need I say more?
5. Getting a little tired of Samsung's TW and want to try something different.
6. It's cheap enough for me to just buy it outright and don't have to worry about contract.

Since you will be using this phone, you will have to decide which one is better for you, I was very much on the fence between note 4 and Moto X and finally decided I will give Moto X a try.. so far I am loving it.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
QHD would quite frankly be irrelevant on a 5.2" screen, so that is a wash.

I would be interested to see a direct battery life comparison between the note 4 and X. It would be interesting.

The other features you will just have to decide how much value they have to you, and if you want or don't want the added size of the note 4. Just don't leave the added features that the X has over the note out of that equation. Active listening and notifications are very compelling.

Sent from my XT1096

Mister Moore

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I'll forever take stock and the experience using an awesome device over touchwiz and an cluttered unpleasant user experience .

But I will say Note 4 is extremely attractive option for a potentially rooted device. It if came as a Google Play edition..... I would be sold

Mister Moore

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm debating this as well. I currently have a Nexus 5. I've bounced back and forth between Android phones and iPhones primarily because of the camera. I have 2 small kids that are always on the move so I am always looking for a phone with a camera that can get good shots of them. So far the iPhone (5S) has been the best at this. I was hoping Motorola would have significantly improved their camera on the new Moto X, but I don't think I've heard any good reviews of the camera. This has me thinking that maybe I won't be able to get a good camera on an Android phone that is stock or close to stock. Anyone here using their new Moto X feel like the camera isn't as bad as reviewers are saying?

Camera does a great job outside.... Indoor shots are average at best. But the hardware is the same as G3 hardware (their camera is best Android photo experience). I'm sure software updates will improve Moto X camera. But in short...... It take photo well enough, especially outside, for social networking and sharing needs. The poor camera talk is overblown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith