2014 Moto X NOT charging?

ekimox

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue yet?

I got my Moto X last week and so far it has been ok. I say ok as the battery life so far has been very inconsistent. My second day I got a full day of pretty heavy use and days 3 and 4 I've had to charge it halfway through the day with light use.

Last night I go to plug it in before bed and it wouldn't charge. I left it plugged in overnight just in case it started to charge. I woke up and still nothing. I switched cables, outlets, and chargers and still nothing. 30 minutes or so later I tried again and it worked. I had to leave for work and the battery was charged to 86%. I plugged the phone in at work again and again NO CHARGING!!! Frustrating. Now at home and it still won't charge.

Not happy.

Anyone else have this issue or someway I can resolve it? I have turned the phone off and on and it doesn't help.

Much appreciated.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried charging my X using a coworkers cable that happened to be Samsung. It didn't work. But my other chargers and cables work fine. Are you using the cable that came with it? Of so, you may want to consider exchanging the phone.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue yet?

I got my Moto X last week and so far it has been ok. I say ok as the battery life so far has been very inconsistent. My second day I got a full day of pretty heavy use and days 3 and 4 I've had to charge it halfway through the day with light use.

Last night I go to plug it in before bed and it wouldn't charge. I left it plugged in overnight just in case it started to charge. I woke up and still nothing. I switched cables, outlets, and chargers and still nothing. 30 minutes or so later I tried again and it worked. I had to leave for work and the battery was charged to 86%. I plugged the phone in at work again and again NO CHARGING!!! Frustrating. Now at home and it still won't charge.

Not happy.

Anyone else have this issue or someway I can resolve it? I have turned the phone off and on and it doesn't help.

Much appreciated.

If you have tried different chargers, cables and outlets that leaves charging port and/or battery as potential causes of the issue. If it were me, I would seek a warranty replacement on the phone. If you got it at a carrier store go back to them or call, if through Moto Maker contact Motorola.

ekimox

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Yeah I've tried it with all different cable and chargers and it wasn't working. Oddly enough it's charging just fine this evening with all the different cables and chargers now. I bought in on contract locally so it looks like I'll be returning it. Unfortunate. Hopefully the charging issues stop with a new phone. Funny thing is that I had the exact same thing happen with my iphone 4 when I first had it. Took it back and got a new one and it was fine. Hopefully it's a one off issue.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried charging my X using a coworkers cable that happened to be Samsung. It didn't work. But my other chargers and cables work fine. Are you using the cable that came with it? Of so, you may want to consider exchanging the phone.

I second that. I have never had any problems at all charging mine. I would be concerned the problem will keep cropping up and would definitely lean toward exchanging the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234