Car Docks for 2014 Moto X?

chenry888

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey Moto X'ers!

So having a car dock is incredibly important to me - in fact, it is probably the most important feature because I am in the car so much, being able to hold the phone up at a safe visual spot while CHARGING the phone is paramount.

Anyone here own the new Moto X and has a successful car setup? Which car dock did you buy? I've always appreciated the excellent accessories (including car docks) Motorola would sell alongside their cell phones but it seems like there isn't any car dock available for the new Moto X - yet.

Your help is much appreciated!

diegofelp

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm really eager to know this too... I really spend too much time in my car (either traveling, or going around on weekdays), I'm really wanting to know more.

Sophiania

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
There is not the especially car dock for the new moto X, but you can choose the universal car dock which can suit different size phones.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought one of these quite some time ago. I like it because it works for anything that will fit into it. Since I have the RAM mounting hardware on my Motorcycle & in my truck, it is easy to change the X-Grip from one to the other. I like that its simple, holds your device in any orientation & is easy to put you device in or take it out. My buddy has a Note 3 & it fits into it just fine too. I also use it with my Motorcycle GPS & an FRS radio.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3946535

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

KevinOF

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've always been a big fan of the brodit range. They don't list the 2014 Moto X but if you send them an email they usually respond quickly and will let you know when it's going to be available. They have active and passive mounts - active with power and passive (obviously) with no power.

You install the mount in the car and then get the Moto X adapter that plugs into the mount. That way when you change you phone (as we all do) you only have to replace the adapter and the mounts stays where it is.

brodit dot com has everything listed (I can't post links yet!)

mart1826

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have email Brodit below is the reply.
Hi Martin

We are waiting fort he unit to arrive, then we need
about two weeks until launching the new holders.

Best Regard

Lars Dufva

Brodit AB

So hopefully mid November.