How do you add a homescreen to the Moto X launcher?

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
How the heck do you add a home screen on this new moto X (verizon). Hopefully I'm just missing something simple?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You have to move an app or a widget to the left. A new screen will be added.
I added a widget to the right and it worked. I had trouble with moving just an app. Once I moved a widget I was able to add apps. I don't remember having to fiddle with it as much on my 2013 Moto X, but I'm actually quite happy with how I finally got mine set up.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Add some additional app shortcuts or widgets until the device needs an additional screen to contain them. It will then create and allow a new screen. You can then rearrange from one screen to the next.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The setup on the VZW X will only allow you to add apps/widgets to the right. When you grab one from the app drawer or widget screen and it defaults you to the "main" home page, just keep holding it and move it to the right end of your screen to force a page scroll. It will only scroll over as far as your existing screen +1 one screen. So you have to "build" the screens one at a time that way.

Personally, I preferred having home screens to the left and right of the main screen. I was able to organize things much more efficiently that way.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The setup on the VZW X will only allow you to add apps/widgets to the right. When you grab one from the app drawer or widget screen and it defaults you to the "main" home page, just keep holding it and move it to the right end of your screen to force a page scroll. It will only scroll over as far as your existing screen +1 one screen. So you have to "build" the screens one at a time that way.

Personally, I preferred having home screens to the left and right of the main screen. I was able to organize things much more efficiently that way.

I have an AT&T Moto X and I never could add anything to the left. I assumed it was me not doing it right but maybe not.

Posted via the Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

You could use Nova Launcher and set up to work and look exactly like stock except with home screen at the center.

I was happy with my 2013 Moto X as is, so I avoided installing Nova. But I just recently installed it to try it out and love it.

What I have different vs. OG X stock:

-I have 5 rows for Icons/widgets because I have the google search bar on one screen instead of all of them.

-My dock separator and apps button are the same style as on the 2014 X.

-You can pinch to zoom out to see/navigate all of your homescreens at once (like HTC Sense)

Sent from my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm