All due respect but it is the worst android phone Ive had. I was hoping since you purchased Motorola you had come up with a really satisfying experience. I believed in you. The Moto has let me down. There are glitches in my OS and my carrier (where I bought the phone) wont do anything. Ive wiped my phone and it worked for awhile but still resorted back to glitches. I dont want to send in my phone for service. I dont need support, Im saavy. Id like a different phone all together. Sorry for the whole mess, sincerely, Im just not a happy customer.
    10-15-2014 11:05 PM
    That sucks. Mine's working flawlessly.
    10-15-2014 11:21 PM
    Can you please elaborate, what kind of glitches, where in the OS are you experiencing it? when are you experiencing it? This can help us help you
    10-16-2014 12:08 AM
    Too bad you didn't buy directly from Moto. I've found them to be extremely flexible with replacement devices.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-16-2014 12:13 AM
    All due respect but it is the worst android phone Ive had. I was hoping since you purchased Motorola you had come up with a really satisfying experience. I believed in you. The Moto has let me down. There are glitches in my OS and my carrier (where I bought the phone) wont do anything. Ive wiped my phone and it worked for awhile but still resorted back to glitches. I dont want to send in my phone for service. I dont need support, Im saavy. Id like a different phone all together. Sorry for the whole mess, sincerely, Im just not a happy customer.
    Maybe your phone is broken?
    afrozeke and On2Vegas like this.
    10-16-2014 03:39 AM
    Same experience I've had with my DROID RAZR M on VZW. Ever since they pushed out an OTA update to 4.4.2 the phone is a brick and neither Moto nor Verizon has any other solution than to keep doing FDRs... Which according to the hundreds of us complaining on the Moto company forums...is still not fixing the phone. This is the reason I'm returning my new Moto X if it every gets delivered. When the first signs of software issues popped up on these forums and the official Moto forums I was already decided that I won't be able to tolerate more of the incompetent Motorola post-sales support for another 2 years.

Sent from Uranus
    10-16-2014 09:03 AM
    Same experience I've had with my DROID RAZR M on VZW. Ever since they pushed out an OTA update to 4.4.2 the phone is a brick and neither Moto nor Verizon has any other solution than to keep doing FDRs... Which according to the hundreds of us complaining on the Moto company forums...is still not fixing the phone. This is the reason I'm returning my new Moto X if it every gets delivered. When the first signs of software issues popped up on these forums and the official Moto forums I was already decided that I won't be able to tolerate more of the incompetent Motorola post-sales support for another 2 years.

Sent from Uranus
    I'm just curious - since your experience with the Droid Razr M was so bad, why did you even consider the Moto X? Whenever I've had an awful experience with any company, I tend to avoid them like the plague for years to come. I had an awful Samsung phone way back when and continued to cross them off my list until about a year ago.
    10-16-2014 09:39 AM
    I'm just curious - since your experience with the Droid Razr M was so bad, why did you even consider the Moto X? Whenever I've had an awful experience with any company, I tend to avoid them like the plague for years to come. I had an awful Samsung phone way back when and continued to cross them off my list until about a year ago.
    Fair question. I got caught up in the hype and when I read the forum posts about the same software issues already cropping up on the new Moto X I came to my senses. Buyer beware!

Sent from Uranus
    10-16-2014 10:34 AM
    Fair question. I got caught up in the hype and when I read the forum posts about the same software issues already cropping up on the new Moto X I came to my senses. Buyer beware!

Sent from Uranus
    IIRC from your other posts here you're giving serious consideration to the Turbo, another Motorola product, no? Just curious why (other than the huge battery of course). (sorry if I'm wrong.)
    Stang68 and geecka like this.
    10-16-2014 02:02 PM
    my moto x is definately not as smooth as my old nexus 5 which is disappointing. i give this phone a 7.5/10 so far. the only reason why im keeping this is because of the custom ebony back
    10-16-2014 03:50 PM
    IIRC from your other posts here you're giving serious consideration to the Turbo, another Motorola product, no? Just curious why (other than the huge battery of course). (sorry if I'm wrong.)
    Another fair question. IMO, I believe of all the phones that VZW (my carrier of choice) will babysit as their pet project to ensure it is well supported and updated over the next two years, the Turbo will be the one. That combined with outstanding battery life and the size/specs that make it desirable and future proof for at least the next two years that I would own it, the Turbo is worthy of consideration as my next VZW upgrade.

I'm happy with a VZW contract for my situation so I don't buy phones at full retail. I would be happy to pay up to $200 with contract extension for the Turbo, if that's the phone I end up choosing.

Ps. That would only be $45 more than the Moto X I ordered and paid for 3 weeks ago... and still haven't received. That my friend is a bargain over the X in my book, customization or not.

Sent from Uranus
    Robisan likes this.
    10-16-2014 03:57 PM
    This phone is nothing but fast for me. I mean I haven't even had slight stutter with it. It may help what glitches you are experiencing, venting doesn't really help us help you.
    10-16-2014 08:31 PM
    Yeah I've watched many videos stating the speed of this phone. That kid MKBHD on Youtube said it's in the top 3 of the fastest phones he's ever used and he's a big time tech geek (no disrespect). But you know, you can always find these threads in any phone forum.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2014 08:51 PM
    Another fair question. IMO, I believe of all the phones that VZW (my carrier of choice) will babysit as their pet project to ensure it is well supported and updated over the next two years, the Turbo will be the one.
    So, the remedies to dodgy Motorola features common to both devices will be promptly pushed to the Turbo, but not to the X?

...adding, the idea of VZW babysitting (or even caring about) after-sale reliability is comedy.
    10-16-2014 09:52 PM
    Keep in mind that levying the accusation of trolling against another member is also considered trolling.

If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

Thanks!
    Paul627g likes this.
    10-17-2014 09:49 AM
    ...adding, the idea of VZW babysitting (or even caring about) after-sale reliability is comedy.
    Based on my experience with the Droid Razr M and now my botched/weeks-long-delayed shipment of the Moto X...I would say the exact same thing about Motorola and their after-sale reliability and customer service in general...comically non-existent
    10-17-2014 10:57 AM
    Keep in mind that levying the accusation of trolling against another member is also considered trolling.

If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

Thanks!
    Clarification:

REPORTING a person who is trolling is not trolling. If someone is behaving absurdly, our best practice is to either ignore it or use the report button if they are in violation of the rules. Engaging with disruptive members is not advised and usually results in both members being addressed for derailing the thread. If you do decide to report a post, then it is especially important to not respond to the author. Let fires die and threads can remain productive.

Please let any of us know if there are any questions, etc about this.
    10-17-2014 11:28 AM