Moto Maker drops price of (Verizon) Moto X: Now starting at 49.99 for 16GB and 99.99 for 32GB (VZW)

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Why Moto? Most of us still have NOT received the Moto X we ordered back to early October. I personally paid $155.00 with tax for a 32GB Verizon version with plastic Blue back on 9/30/2014 and still haven't received it.

Rest assured that I'm going to call Motorola and get some or all of my $$ back from them. Why would they drop the price before those of us who were early buyers (and now have overpaid) have even received our phones from Moto Maker?

This company is just not doing right by their most loyal customers right now... :mad:

https://www.motorola.com/us/motomaker

Last edited:

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto Maker drops price of Moto X: Now starting at 49.99 for 16GB and 99.99 for 32GB (Verizon)

I bought one last week, wish I had waited now.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto Maker drops price of Moto X: Now starting at 49.99 for 16GB and 99.99 for 32GB (Verizon)

This is annoying. Too soon imo. They should have waited until a black Friday sale or something else when it is more expected by consumers. Moto loves shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get I guess.

You have not received, I would be calling. I may call my self and I have had mine almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my XT1096

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Just a heads up, 30 min on the phone and their only solution is to return my order (once it arrives) and buy a new one at the sale price. No credits or price adjustments otherwise.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I was about to raise hell, but the Pure Edition price is still the same, so it wouldn't have affected me.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Just a heads up, 30 min on the phone and their only solution is to return my order (once it arrives) and buy a new one at the sale price. No credits or price adjustments otherwise.

Wowsers, it's just so sad that Moto Tech and Moto Service are on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. If mine ever arrives I will be returning it and going with the Turbo instead. You can't fix stupid and I can't support bad customer service.

PS. Before the mob sets in...YES I am aware that the Droid Turbo is made by Motorola!

Last edited by a moderator:

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I think this is a Verizon sale not a Motorola sale. They are just matching what VZW is doing. Otherwise why would anyone use Moto Maker?

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I think this is a Verizon sale not a Motorola sale. They are just matching what VZW is doing. Otherwise why would anyone use Moto Maker?

I think you are right about the price drop being VZW only. I'l update the title.
PS. The reason I used Moto Maker is because I wanted a custom phone and also wanted 32GB storage. Neither of these were available in store to my knowledge. Since Moto still hasn't delivered the custom X I ordered and paid for on 9/30 (at the higher price) I'm pretty sure I'm just going to return for a full refund.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I actually can't complain since I'm getting it for free thanks to the comcast promo ($200 visa card). I was just curious if they would issue out credits like they did every time the 2013 version went on sale.

I think it's poor customer service to ask your customers to go through the hassle of re-ordering and returning. But if I didn't already have a $200 gift card I would totally do it :) Why not?

That's my other struggle with the droid turbo. Free 32gb wood backed moto x...or (probably) $299 droid turbo....

Last edited:

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh I don't mean why would anyone use Moto Maker in general. I mean if they didn't stay lock step with VZW pricing then most would not use it. Cheaper always beats custom. 😊

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh I don't mean why would anyone use Moto Maker in general. I mean if they didn't stay lock step with VZW pricing then most would not use it. Cheaper always beats custom. 😊

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that :)

Sent from Uranus

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

This is annoying. Too soon imo. They should have waited until a black Friday sale or something else when it is more expected by consumers. Moto loves shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get I guess.

You have not received, I would be calling. I may call my self and I have had mine almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my XT1096

I just chatted with Moto support online and they offered me a $50.00 coupon toward purchase of future accessories on Moto website. The rep was very helpful and she had a Supervisor call me after the chat to apologize. He was very helpful as well. No refund and he explained that bc it is a Verizon discount the only way to get it is if I wanted to return the phone w/in 14 days and start a new order today on the discounted price. I'll take the coupons and finally some friendly and full explanation from live people as good enough. I might actually recant all my threats and keep this phone bc I love how it looks and performs so far. We'll see.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Moto support is such a random experience :)

Half the time the phone reps are great, half the time the online chat reps are great. The other half...not so much.

Got an online code to use toward a future purchase in about 4 minutes in online chat while 30 minutes on the phone gave me nothing. In the past I've done returns over the phone in about 2 minutes, while the other day it took nearly 30 minutes to return my pure edition moto x in online chat.

murkyin12

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know how to get this price in the store? Verizon's website (and in-store) price is still $99.99 and $149.99. It is only on MotoMaker that the price is $50 cheaper. I could not get the store to give the discounted price when purchasing a PIN for MotoMaker. I can't do this at MotoMaker since I have to transfer an upgrade from UDP to TDP line and purchase a PIN.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Moto support is such a random experience :)

Half the time the phone reps are great, half the time the online chat reps are great. The other half...not so much.

Got an online code to use toward a future purchase in about 4 minutes in online chat while 30 minutes on the phone gave me nothing. In the past I've done returns over the phone in about 2 minutes, while the other day it took nearly 30 minutes to return my pure edition moto x in online chat.

Sadly these coupon codes are not combinable... This explains why they are handing them out like candy. Also the ultimate reason I decided to return the X is that I'd have to shell out more money just to buy anything over $25 (which is virtually everything on their website). Despite what type of 3rd world math the Moto customer service reps are doing, this is not the same as refunding me $50 of cold hard cash. LOL

Sent from Uranus

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Finally pulled the trigger. I was going to get a new X all along, but I was waiting until the delays kind of calmed down. Now that this $50 off deal hit, I decided it was time. I bought my first X off-contract. Signed up for 2 years with the new X. Only $125 for 32gb and leather. Can't beat that. Plus, I'm not going anywhere. I get a very good corporate discount on Big Red (22%), so I have zero issues signing a new agreement. I have been with them since about 2001. Also, I'll be able to sell my current X for at least $200. Excellent condition.

New Moto X 2014:
White front
Cognac back
Olive trim
32gb

Estimated delivery: 10/29

Hopefully sooner, but only 10 days from now is not bad at all regardless.

I'll post up pix when it arrives :cool:

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Pardon the stupid question, if I buy on contract through moto maker and want to return within 14 days can I just return it to a Verizon store? Or do I have to return it to Motorola?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Pardon the stupid question, if I buy on contract through moto maker and want to return within 14 days can I just return it to a Verizon store? Or do I have to return it to Motorola?

Has to go back to Motorola but they are easy to deal with for returns. Just did mine over the phone with them today. They emailed me a FedEx return label within minutes. I called Verizon to make sure my account gets the 2yr contract reversed and they said that Moto will notify VZW after the return is processed . Easy Peasy

Sent from Uranus

clogoodie

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have one of those $50 future accessory coupon codes that they aren't planning on using?

I've had three chat reps tell me they were going to send me one, and have tried two different email addresses, and nothing has actually reached my inbox.

Thanks.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have one of those $50 future accessory coupon codes that they aren't planning on using?

I've had three chat reps tell me they were going to send me one, and have tried two different email addresses, and nothing has actually reached my inbox.

Thanks.
Same issue here. I got a follow up email that they are trying to diagnose the problem with the credit emails are not being received.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig