Moto X 2014 What happened to Moto voice???

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: What happened to Moto voice???

Beetween these issues, and the no voice/data at the same time (for now,) I'm glad I'm not an early adopter!

Sent from my Moto X

Granted I've only had mine since yesterday, but it's been working perfectly for me. It actually surprised us at dinner when it suddenly awoke and said I had a text message. I listened to it, then when I hesitated on the reply, my wife spoke up and it accepted what she said. After confirming the message, it sent it (the fact that it happily accepted my wife's voice when asking what text to send is amusing but not a concern, since it was listening for voice input). After all was said and done, my daughter laughed and my wife looked at me and said, "Ok, that was pretty freaking cool."

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: What happened to Moto voice???

Granted I've only had mine since yesterday, but it's been working perfectly for me. It actually surprised us at dinner when it suddenly awoke and said I had a text message. I listened to it, then when I hesitated on the reply, my wife spoke up and it accepted what she said. After confirming the message, it sent it (the fact that it happily accepted my wife's voice when asking what text to send is amusing but not a concern, since it was listening for voice input). After all was said and done, my daughter laughed and my wife looked at me and said, "Ok, that was pretty freaking cool."

Glad it's working well for you! I said that just because it's seems like some things currently feel downgraded vs. the original Moto X which I still use & love. I'm hoping some updates will refine everything between now and when I'm ready to upgrade.

Motorola managed to make things work even better with the first model through updates to their apps over the last year.

BTW, personalized voice recognition is only for the always listening launch phrase. Once Google Now is fired up, your phone doesn't care who is talking to it!

My family agrees with your family, it's a very cool feature! Not enough to steer them away from their idevices, but they like seeing my phone in action!

Sent from my Moto X

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
There was a new update that fixed a few of the bugs. Seems to be working as it was.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a problem with mine. I went through the set up. Have selected a phrase. MV either never responds or it just flat out doesn't work. When my phone is locked, I never get the blue screen like on the tutorial video I've watched on YouTube. When it's awake, it does nothing. What am I missing or doing wrong here? I go into settings then voice then I either get a black screen and a message saying it's not working and I can either wait or end it. I do have the selection checked for the voice command but it's not working.