My wife and I each have the Motorola Moto X (first generation) with Android 4.4.4. On her phone, in Settings, there is a category called Home. Under Home there is only one item called Launcher. On my phone, there is no Home category at all in Settings. What is Home > Launcher and why would her phone have it but mine does not?
    10-20-2014 06:02 PM
    My wife and I each have the Motorola Moto X (first generation) with Android 4.4.4. On her phone, in Settings, there is a category called Home. Under Home there is only one item called Launcher. On my phone, there is no Home category at all in Settings. What is Home > Launcher and why would her phone have it but mine does not?
    Maybe she has downloaded another launcher? I don't know, I don't have that option either.
    10-20-2014 06:04 PM
    S Xi Czech
    Maybe she has downloaded another launcher? I don't know, I don't have that option either.
    Pill
    10-20-2014 06:37 PM
    The Home option appears when you download another launcher. You can use the settings menu to choose the default launcher.
    10-20-2014 07:00 PM
    Android A to Z: What is a launcher? | Android Central

There is a link from AC on what a launcher is. Hope that helps.
    10-20-2014 08:13 PM
    There's only one launcher listed under Home. It's called simply "Launcher" and the icon looks like Mr. Android.

So this is my guess, based on what I know: Someone under the age of majority once installed a third-party launcher on my wife's phone. Seeing this, my wife told the minor in no uncertain terms to uninstall it. When the third-party launcher was in, the Home category probably had a way to choose between the third-party launcher and the stock launcher. The third-party launcher is gone now, but the listing for the stock launcher is still there.

Sounds about right?
    10-20-2014 08:58 PM
    There's only one launcher listed under Home. It's called simply "Launcher" and the icon looks like Mr. Android.

So this is my guess, based on what I know: Someone under the age of majority once installed a third-party launcher on my wife's phone. Seeing this, my wife told the minor in no uncertain terms to uninstall it. When the third-party launcher was in, the Home category probably had a way to choose between the third-party launcher and the stock launcher. The third-party launcher is gone now, but the listing for the stock launcher is still there.

Sounds about right?
    Yep. And once the new launcher is downloaded, it usually will ask you which launcher you want to use if you don't immediately change it. Should take care of your problem. If you ever get 'bored' with your current launcher, I recommend checking out a 3rd party. Most of them are very well made and add to the Android experience. Glad you figured it out.
    10-20-2014 09:15 PM