Moto x or nexus 5?

Fishybass55

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all my Verizon contract is up in two days.
My razr M is also nearing its end.
I want to try different options trying to lower phone bill.
Which of these phones do you recommend?
Also any uncarrier, no contract family plan that anyone can recommend?

I mainly do texting, surfing, some calls.
Right now my razor needs charged 2-3 times a day
Thanks for any input

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I would say it depends. If your into rooting and roming then the Nexus 5 might be for you. I had a galaxy nexus and used it for almost 2 years, but went with the Moto X this time around. I really wanted a wood back and loved the added Motorola features like active display and being able to wake it up with a customized name. I would go to a store and handle the Moto. If you have any friends with the Nexus 5 check it out as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I did not enjoy the nexus 5. Signal strength, gps flakey, battery weak, camera unable to focus, speaker bad. All it had going for it (imho) is that it's cheap on swappa.

In the last year I've had a 2013 x, note 2, note 3, 2014 x, and the nexus 5. I would go back to any if needed but the nexus.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Moto X 2014! Also if att is good in your area I'd take a look at Cricket. They have some good plans that are pretty cheap and easy on the pocket!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I only used the Nexus 5 briefly, but from everything I read and my experience with the Nexus 4, the signal strength and call quality is going to be better with the Moto X. It'll be an overall better phone in many aspect. But if you can get the Nexus 5 used for $250 that's not a bad deal either.