What a great phone!

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have to say, with after a little over a week after getting My MotoX, I am nothing but impressed.
What's good? Phone call functionally, no fumbling through screens to make or return calls. Galaxy users will know what I am talking about.
Active display notifications are awesome!
Just the overall UI is wonderful.
Battery life is fine for me. Running moderate use from 6 am to 11pm. The phone battery ends the day with about 10%. I got the micro charger but haven't had to use it yet.
My only gripe. The main back button should be on the right side of the screen.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My only gripe. The main back button should be on the right side of the screen.

Just because that's how the Galaxy did it, doesn't make it the right way! 😀

Left side is intuitive to me. After all, which side is the back/reverse button on music player apps?

Sent from my Moto X

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Meh. Its a minor gripe and really a personal preference. Samsung did it because of the width of there phones. Probably on the gen 1 Moto X, having it on the left was actually better.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The back button on the left is the default Android way. Samsung put it on the right. You will have to get use to it because that's how Google intended it.

But otherwise, congratulation.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Plus with the back button on the left, and most recent, easier to toggle between apps for me with everything right where it is. Would be great if you could organize the button layout on your own. Loved that with LG and the OPO.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my Moto X two weeks ago coming from an HTC One M8. The M8 is also new; just had it about two months now. Prior to the M8, I had an iPhone 5S. I'm so damn happy being on Android now!!

Although I love my Moto X and my custom design and simple android experience, I do wish it would do some of the things that the M8 would do such as the IR Blaster and the one touch settings from the drop down menu. It also would have been good if there were a second speaker (at top) and also important is the ability to take a memory card.

I'm still going to sell my M8 and stick to the Moto X 2014 though. I just love the screen, the stock android, the feel in my hand, and the overall aesthetics.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my Moto X two weeks ago coming from an HTC One M8. The M8 is also new; just had it about two months now. Prior to the M8, I had an iPhone 5S. I'm so damn happy being on Android now!!

Although I love my Moto X and my custom design and simple android experience, I do wish it would do some of the things that the M8 would do such as the IR Blaster and the one touch settings from the drop down menu. It also would have been good if there were a second speaker (at top) and also important is the ability to take a memory card.

I'm still going to sell my M8 and stick to the Moto X 2014 though. I just love the screen, the stock android, the feel in my hand, and the overall aesthetics.

Download the app "Notification Toggle"

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Having used in 2014 the original Moto X, the Galaxy Note 3, the HTC One M8, Galaxy S5 and the LG G3, I can honestly say that the new Moto X is the best of the bunch Fort needs. Although expandable memory would be nice to have, I really think the new moto X provides the best overall user experience. I find it to be speedier than the G3 and the Samsungs and the Moto modifications like active display, the wrist-turn camera launch and the overall build quad are just fantastic. I loved the original X but found the screen size to be just a bit too small and the camera a hit too much of a compromise. The new X remedies both of these issues for me and puts this one on the top of my list.

Posted via the Android Central App