Moto X PE questions

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I've rocked the S3 since they came out. I'm getting to the point to where I'm not interested in staying in a upgrade cycle for new hardware and playing the wait game for software updates to be released due to the OEM then waiting for the carriers. So my next phone is going to be one that cuts out all the middle men. So I have accepted that I will have to purchase a phone out right to get what I want.

My hope was that Samsung would do a Google edition s5 or wait for the s6 and hope for a Google edition. So I started to look at the moto X (2014) pure edition and thought my search was over. Many people seemed to dis the battery but comparing SOT to my GS3 it should last longer. The nexus 6 looks promising but I'm not sure about the size.

Here are my questions

I use AT&T, if I buy a Moto X PE though the moto maker and in 6 months AT&T rolls out Wifi calling, VoLTE, HD voice etc... is this something moto will then add in a firmware update or is this the only benefit of getting a carrier branded phone?

I know lollipop is baking in wifi calling but can the phone's hardware handles VoLTE & HD voice?

Thanks in advance,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae