I thought my phone sucked for a second, then after some googling, i found its an iPhone bug. Anyone else switch from an iPhone and notice that they can no longer get texts from their friends with iphones? Just curious. I've gone to icloud and removed my device, contacts, etc. only to find i still don't get texts from them. Then i find a different post saying to call 1800myapple, so i called apple to be told they want me to hold for 15 minutes or more and pay $29.99 to speak with a tech. Ultimate solution is for people with iphones to delete me as a contact, then to delete messages to me, then to send me a new message. So far this worked for 1 of 3 friends ive talked to. Anyone else encounter this? Or have a simpler solution?

Link to prove im not nuts:https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    11-02-2014 08:51 PM
    Could be wrong but remember a thread or post about this recently here. The upshot if I remember correctly was that to solve it yourself you have to put your sim back in the iPhone, power up and turn off iMessages in the iPhone settings. Until you do so, your number is considered 'in iMessages' and all Apple devices will use that method for sms etc.
    Ry likes this.
    11-02-2014 09:16 PM
    That's awesome. I had Verizon before and the phone has no Sim card. Now i have at&t
    11-02-2014 09:29 PM
    It's just another way Apple tries to own and control people's lives. It's not a walled garden, it's a walled jail. iMessages has essentially taken your phone number's sms capability prisoner.
    jephanie likes this.
    11-02-2014 09:57 PM
    It's just another way Apple tries to own and control people's lives. It's not a walled garden, it's a walled jail. iMessages has essentially taken your phone number's sms capability prisoner.
    Yeah, that's it bro...

To the OP: It will eventually clear itself out. Make sure iMessage is turned off on everything, your iPad, Mac, etc. It also may help to turn iMessage on (if you have iPad/Mac), let it register then turn it off.

Also, and you probably know this, but on the iPhone, under Messing, your friends can turn on Send as SMS when iMessage is not available.

One more option... Have one of your friends turn off iMessage on their iPhone, send you a text, then you respond back. They can turn iMessage on after that. That should clear out your account with iMessage.
    11-02-2014 11:43 PM
    Make sure you have turned off iMessage on all of your devices. This a common problem, so a google search will find your answer. I went through the same issue when I switched and found the solution with a google search.
    Ry likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:54 AM
    Don't worry. It will work itself out after a couple of weeks. So if you sold the phone or discontinued service it should work out. This has happened to many a person that has left the apple farm behind. Using an iPad? Might wanna turn of imessage there too. Load up hangouts on it and use that on your android too. Its cross platform. Apple doesn't have that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 07:28 AM
    I switch all the time between iPhone and android.

Before removing your SIM from iPhone, sign out of imessage on the iPhone and any and all devices that may have it turn on using the same email addresses, ie iPad, macbook etc. Then turn off imessage on your iPhone. Swap the Sim and you should be OK. You can then sign back in and use imessage on your other devices if you wish.

This method has worked for me and no issues getting texts on my android.

Posted via Nexus 5
    Ry, jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    11-03-2014 01:31 PM
    I switch all the time between iPhone and android.

Before removing your SIM from iPhone, sign out of imessage on the iPhone and any and all devices that may have it turn on using the same email addresses, ie iPad, macbook etc. Then turn off imessage on your iPhone. Swap the Sim and you should be OK. You can then sign back in and use imessage on your other devices if you wish.

This method has worked for me and not issues getting texts on my android.

Posted via Nexus 5
    I have recommended this to everyone that switches between iPhone and Android and they don't have issues getting their messages.
    11-03-2014 01:50 PM
    I have recommended this to everyone that switches between iPhone and Android and they don't have issues getting their messages.
    Yes, I think I got it from you! Gracias!

Posted via Nexus 5
    Ry likes this.
    11-03-2014 03:38 PM
    I thought my phone sucked for a second, then after some googling, i found its an iPhone bug. Anyone else switch from an iPhone and notice that they can no longer get texts from their friends with iphones? Just curious. I've gone to icloud and removed my device, contacts, etc. only to find i still don't get texts from them. Then i find a different post saying to call 1800myapple, so i called apple to be told they want me to hold for 15 minutes or more and pay $29.99 to speak with a tech. Ultimate solution is for people with iphones to delete me as a contact, then to delete messages to me, then to send me a new message. So far this worked for 1 of 3 friends ive talked to. Anyone else encounter this? Or have a simpler solution?

Link to prove im not nuts:https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Not sure if you had a chance to check this out or not, just posted here on AC... http://www.androidcentral.com/new-ap...claim-your-sms

Posted via Android Central App
    weksa likes this.
    11-09-2014 09:15 PM
    Apple just acknowledged their bug (yet again) and you can unregister form imessage on their website -search.
    However not available for all countries, LOL.
    dmark44 and weksa like this.
    11-10-2014 11:19 AM
    and in yesterday's news, apple to prepare their iLawyers for (possibly) getting sued...

Android User Takes Apple To Federal Court Over Undelivered Text Messages
    Android User Takes Apple To Federal Court Over Undelivered Text Messages | TechCrunch
    11-12-2014 03:34 PM
    and in yesterday's news, apple to prepare their iLawyers for (possibly) getting sued...

Android User Takes Apple To Federal Court Over Undelivered Text Messages
    Android User Takes Apple To Federal Court Over Undelivered Text Messages | TechCrunch
    Awesome!
    11-12-2014 05:20 PM