To those who returned / exchanged a wood back

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This is a question directed to those who had a wood back and returned it due to problems with the back "delaminating" / pulling off. I noticed on one corner of my phone that the wood back is starting to come loose. This is very minor at this time. I know I have some comments from some other folks on this board that some may have returned the phone due to this. My question is if you did return it, how bad was it? Do you have any pictures? What did you replace it with? Many thanks...

anon(2345131)

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a millimeter off from the chassis of the phone (metal frame).

The panel on left and right hand corner look raised not peeled off.

I called a few times and finally got a replacement.

Going with Bamboo this time. I'll take my chances. My original is a walnut.

Posted via the Android Central App

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for the quick reply. Mine is coming loose in the bottom left corner, almost like the glue isn't holding as strong as it used to. It's only raised a very small amount right now, and when I press it down it will hold for a few seconds before slowly releasing again to the slightly raised position.

How was the return process? Did you have to push to get them to exchange the phone or was it pretty painless?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for the quick reply. Mine is coming loose in the bottom left corner, almost like the glue isn't holding as strong as it used to. It's only raised a very small amount right now, and when I press it down it will hold for a few seconds before slowly releasing again to the slightly raised position.

How was the return process? Did you have to push to get them to exchange the phone or was it pretty painless?

My exchange took forever! They finally just sent me a code to reorder a new phone from Moto Maker. I had a 32gig Pure Edition anyways. I also went back to a plastic backing with the hopes of it not peeling anymore. Also how long did it take for the new devices to ship?

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply to this and your thread on a similar topic. I called this morning and got an exchange authorization code. I'm either going to do leather or a plastic back - just not sure which right now.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply to this and your thread on a similar topic. I called this morning and got an exchange authorization code. I'm either going to do leather or a plastic back - just not sure which right now.

My plastic one showed up today I think without notice. I ordered it Nov 6th also. They seem to have gotten the shipping process down not that the orders don't seem crazy. I got a slate plastic backing, black front with Yellow trim! Hope it looks nice too. I will let ya know tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech