Moto X 2014 Any guesses on whether we see a Cyber Monday deal?

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Last year, they sold the 2013 Moto X for $350 off-contract. Think they'll do the same for the new one this year? My wife broke her screen on her 2013, and I told her instead of getting it fixed we should wait and see if they do the cyber monday deal again.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any guesses on whether we see a Cyber Monday deal?

Last year, they sold the 2013 Moto X for $350 off-contract. Think they'll do the same for the new one this year? My wife broke her screen on her 2013, and I told her instead of getting it fixed we should wait and see if they do the cyber monday deal again.

I don't think so this time around. 1. The difference in release dates, 2. Price difference, 3. I think the Cyber Monday was to get more attention to the phone.

I do hope I am wrong though.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't think so this time around. 1. The difference in release dates, 2. Price difference, 3. I think the Cyber Monday was to get more attention to the phone.

I do hope I am wrong though.

What's the price difference? I thought the last one was also $500 off-contract before Cyber Monday. Also, we don't really know how well this one's selling either, and I'm guessing it's not selling much better than the last one.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

That's when I bought mine last year. It was such a good deal I bought it outright, no contract. This years $50 off Verizon deal lured me in tho. It was only $125 for a leather back 32gb. I signed on for 2 years, but I think I'll be staying with Moto for sometime anyway, so next year I can always buy the new X outright through Moto once again.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

It's $50 on contract through Amazon right now, but neither me or my wife has an upgrade available, so we're waiting to see if there's a Cyber Monday deal.

habu968

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Given the competition, I expect that they will have to put it on sale at some point before the end of the year. I am holding off until I see some sort of discount. They have already done the teacher and student discount. Competition is tough...........

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Bottom line is I guess we'll have to wait and see.....

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I would expect a sale, but not as big of one as last year. The big drop on Cyber Monday I feel was partly to address complaints that the phone was too expensive for its paper specs. The new Moto X does not suffer from that perception. That said, a $50-100 discount on Cyber Monday would not surprise me.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

The student discount isn't even a whole lot off. I have a student discount code waiting to be used, but I'm waiting for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal.

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

That's all I need. I would rather pay $450 instead of $550 for a 32 GB X. I just hope when the sale happens I'll be able to get one. Hoping the website doesn't crash or anything.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site

The big weakness is that Motorola does not seem to announce any deal in advance. Only a day or two before the day and it usually a one day deal. So it hit and miss for me. But I looking forward to see if they do a Black Friday or CyberMonday deal. If Motorola has a 32GB for $450 - I will buy it! We will see. It owed by Lenovo; and they seem to be big on promotions but not sure about large discounts. They like you to buy a package. So, it there is a smaller discount; I may just wait!

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

You are right...I was thinking the Nexus 6 price. Somehow that got stuck in my head.

I bet there will be a sweet Cyber Monday N6 deal. But what I think is the next big thing is Moto Maker for the N6 in spring. Limited probably but leather and wood most definitely.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I bet there will be a sweet Cyber Monday N6 deal. But what I think is the next big thing is Moto Maker for the N6 in spring. Limited probably but leather and wood most definitely.

Interesting idea. Hopefully, it will happen.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Where's happasaiyan when we need him? :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The big weakness is that Motorola does not seem to announce any deal in advance. Only a day or two before the day and it usually a one day deal. So it hit and miss for me. But I looking forward to see if they do a Black Friday or CyberMonday deal. If Motorola has a 32GB for $450 - I will buy it! We will see. It owed by Lenovo; and they seem to be big on promotions but not sure about large discounts. They like you to buy a package. So, it there is a smaller discount; I may just wait!

If there's something to announce, it makes sense to announce it much close to the actual date of the event in order to keep people from waiting to buy a Moto X.

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

The student discount isn't even a whole lot off. I have a student discount code waiting to be used, but I'm waiting for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're not able to combine a black Friday deal and a student discount code. Feel like that might be asking a little too much, but hey, if it work then all the power to you

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't be surprised if you're not able to combine a black Friday deal and a student discount code. Feel like that might be asking a little too much, but hey, if it work then all the power to you

I'm just waiting to see what's cheaper. If the the Black Friday deal is cheaper then I'll get that. If not then I'll use the student discount.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol