Battery Issues on Moto X (2014)

Timcity

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I got my Moto X almost 3 weeks ago and I have loved it. My only complaint is the battery. I was getting 3 hours of screen on time for about a week or so but then out of no where I was averaging 1.5 to 2 hours and I haven't changed my use much. If anything I've been able to leave the shiny new toy in my pocket a little bit longer now that I've owned it for a little while.

I've noticed the Cell Standby is eating a considerable about of juice so I'm wondering if I have a rouge app or maybe a bad Sim card. I'm on Verizon and my signal is great nearly everywhere I'm at. Some suggestions would be great. Here are some screen shots for you guys to look over

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2811.jpg
    2811.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 2809.jpg
    2809.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 78

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Issues

The only thing I would be concerned based on what info we have on the screen shots is the solid bar in the middle of the awake section. The screen is not on that much if at all during that. That's the first area I would look at to see what is keeping the phone awake with the screen off. Does your phone switch from 3G to LTE often? There's not very much green in the signal section either. Also, do you happen to have the screen on time for that session?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

The only thing I would be concerned based on what info we have on the screen shots is the solid bar in the middle of the awake section. The screen is not on that much if at all during that. That's the first area I would look at to see what is keeping the phone awake with the screen off. Does your phone switch from 3G to LTE often? There's not very much green in the signal section either. Also, do you happen to have the screen on time for that session?

+1 on all accounts
Was going to ask same

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

One of your apps is keeping your phone awake. Start by restricting background data on your app until you find out which one is at fault.

Timcity

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I've started uninstalling apps that I didn't have on my N4 im more curious / concerned about the signal strength indicator thing. I have Verizon and have strong 4G pretty much everywhere I go so it wouldn't seem like it's hunting for signal or switching back and forth to 3g

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

+1 on bad signal especially on 4g. I think the solid blue in the awake bar could be the music player (touch tune). Were you playing music?

Timcity

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

No. I hadn't even opened touch tunes that day so it shouldn't have sucked any power. I just installed that app so I don't think that's the culprit. Here's a screen shot of the cell standby break down it basically is saying that it's keeping the phone awake at all times.

Attachments

• 3181.jpg
    3181.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 40

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

No. I hadn't even opened touch tunes that day so it shouldn't have sucked any power. I just installed that app so I don't think that's the culprit. Here's a screen shot of the cell standby break down it basically is saying that it's keeping the phone awake at all times.

That's weird then, it's a lot of battery use for an app you've not opened. I'd recommend you to stop that Touch Tunes and leave it alone for a while. There is a headphones icon in your first screenshot. Touch Tunes again?
Cell/mobile standby is going to appears ON all the time. No worries there. You have to find out what app is running so much in the background. Any sync/upload/notifications .. new settings lately?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Try GSam Battery Monitor (Play link), it should give you a better idea of what exactly is keeping your phone awake for such long stretches. Also, if you haven't already, just reboot the phone. That's sometimes enough to clear up a rogue app.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

That screen shot only tells you that for the 12 hours and change that the phone has been on, cell stand by has used %12 of the used battery amount. Not %12 percent of the entire battery. Here's a screen shot of mine.

Attachments

• 1415747568141.jpg
    1415747568141.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995