What improvements are you guys seeing?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2014 05:08 PM
    Its improved for me. Maybe 15% better with out using battery saving mode. I'm wondering if google services is collecting usage data during the soak because google services is showing a high use of battery capacity.
    3 hours of screen on time and I am down to the last 4%
    mshehryar likes this.
    11-12-2014 10:40 PM
    It has to be too early to tell. No ones been able to do a battery cycle yet which is necessary with a new firmware install
    11-12-2014 10:43 PM
    Do not take stock in any battery life results until at least one week after the update. Any data until after you cycle it a couple of times and you stop setting/changing things is not going to be a good representation of the actual improvement or decrease in life.

Sent from my XT1096
    delrey1900, sharkita and On2Vegas like this.
    11-13-2014 08:56 AM
    I love that battery saver mode is part of Lollipop now. For those emergency case use, it'll be a great feature.
    thejuiceman236 likes this.
    11-13-2014 02:04 PM
    I love that battery saver mode is part of Lollipop now. For those emergency case use, it'll be a great feature.
    It's a cool feature, but I have to say that I'm not a fan of the orange notification and soft button bar. And this is coming from someone whose favorite color is orange.

Why couldn't they have kept the color unchanged and simply included a little notification icon? I don't get it.
    11-13-2014 03:12 PM
    Got the update a couple of days ago. Encrypted phone yesterday. Today is my first day of having it set up as I would like. Will find out. Stand by time seems to be a bit better. BT, WiFi turned on as well as location.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 04:52 PM
    It's a cool feature, but I have to say that I'm not a fan of the orange notification and soft button bar. And this is coming from someone whose favorite color is orange.

Why couldn't they have kept the color unchanged and simply included a little notification icon? I don't get it.
    I think the prevailing theory is that making the notification bar and the soft key bar translucent taxes the battery. So in a power saving mode, making it solid minimizes the drain.

Why they chose orange, I don't know. Perhaps to continuously make the user aware that they're in a mode that runs on the basic features, so people don't wonder why their other apps aren't working or notifying them? I guess a little icon can be missed? That's my guess...
    11-13-2014 06:05 PM
    My battery life has taken a hit somewhat. I was at 100% for the update, ran it down to 12. Charged up for today.

I'm at 17%, been off the charger for 15 hours and have 4hr 19m SOT. Ive been good for over 5 and a half hours SOT every day on kit Kat.

Google service is the 2nd biggest drain on battery so far with 8%. I've tried clearing cache, however I can't advance past recovery mode. It won't give me a menu from there, following the directions on Motorola's website.
    11-13-2014 11:43 PM
    Agree. Glad this finally made it in. Along with do not disturb.

thejuiceman236 likes this.
    11-29-2014 12:55 AM
    I'm curious if anyone has any screen shots of battery life using Gsam battery monitor? If so thank you.
    11-29-2014 01:49 PM
    My battery life has taken a hit somewhat. I was at 100% for the update, ran it down to 12. Charged up for today.

I'm at 17%, been off the charger for 15 hours and have 4hr 19m SOT. Ive been good for over 5 and a half hours SOT every day on kit Kat.

Google service is the 2nd biggest drain on battery so far with 8%. I've tried clearing cache, however I can't advance past recovery mode. It won't give me a menu from there, following the directions on Motorola's website.
    At the screen with the lying down android and "no command" hold the volume up and tap the power button a few times to get to the menu. Following the directions on motos website.

11-30-2014 12:01 PM
    So with the new update 22.21.11, my battery life has not only returned, but superceeded my previous battery life on KitKat...

Yesterday I got 7h 11m SOT, today I'm on track for even better! Very impressed..
    12-02-2014 06:31 PM
    2 days in and it seems like I get 10-15% less from my battery vs Kit Kat. I don't know if this will improve after a few days like it did when it was new? But rumors before indicated a slight boost in battery performance.
    12-02-2014 06:57 PM
    I saw somewhere say that testing on a nexus 5 they got ~25% better battery life going from KK to Lolli, and while I don't think the moto X is that much improved, it's definitely better
    12-02-2014 07:16 PM
    I've noticed a bunch of posts in different forums where Cell Standby has used the most battery of anything. It happens with my phone, and that's with between 2 and 3 hours SOT. Not that it seems to be limited to one carrier, but I'm on VZW. I've tried a couple of tweaks to location and other settings that I've read about, and today is the first day I'll be able to try it out. Has anyone here run across the same issue?

12-03-2014 06:12 AM
    In the last few weeks prior to Lollipop my battery was getting killed. I'd have to charge the thing during the day so I could make it the rest of the night.

It was very odd because it was super awesome when I first got it.. I was so impressed. I could never figure out what was causing it. The generic Android Services was always the biggest user.

So I just did a hard reset this morning and the thing is back to being rock solid. I wish I knew what caused it, but a hard reset was much faster then troubleshooting...
    12-04-2014 04:17 PM

Try here? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=465537

Posted via Android Central App
    12-04-2014 08:56 PM
    My battery was worse for the first couple of days, now it's better than it was by a noticeable amount

Sent from my XT1096
    Green_Laser likes this.
    12-05-2014 08:35 AM
    Updating absolutely destroyed my battery life.
    Prior to update, I could leave the brightness on full blast, wifi on all day, location on all day, play youtube during my commute, check all my notifications and such at work, play a game or two during downtime, and make it all the way back home ten hours later with a good 30% left.
    I updated on Wednesday night, fiddled with it, decided I liked the new look, and left it charging overnight per usual. Thursday morning I woke up with it powered off and with about 50% battery. Turned off wifi, location, and allowed adaptive brightness, and it still died while I was at work.
    Borrowed a charger and basically tricked the phone into charging so I could at least get back home. Left it off, charged it up to ~85%, then turned it back on (still plugged in). Between when I went to sleep at 1:30 and woke up at 10, it was again dead and re-charged up to about 30%.
    This is still with basically all peripheral functions turned off! (Actually, I think I turned wifi back on last night, hmm...)
    I would love to love Lollipop. I've got the 22.21.11 patch (I think; I can't confirm right now because it's dead again); wasn't that supposed to fix some of these issues? Maybe keeping the wifi off for a bit will let me halfass through until a proper fix?
    12-05-2014 10:09 AM
    Updating absolutely destroyed my battery life.
    Prior to update, I could leave the brightness on full blast, wifi on all day, location on all day, play youtube during my commute, check all my notifications and such at work, play a game or two during downtime, and make it all the way back home ten hours later with a good 30% left.
    I updated on Wednesday night, fiddled with it, decided I liked the new look, and left it charging overnight per usual. Thursday morning I woke up with it powered off and with about 50% battery. Turned off wifi, location, and allowed adaptive brightness, and it still died while I was at work.
    Borrowed a charger and basically tricked the phone into charging so I could at least get back home. Left it off, charged it up to ~85%, then turned it back on (still plugged in). Between when I went to sleep at 1:30 and woke up at 10, it was again dead and re-charged up to about 30%.
    This is still with basically all peripheral functions turned off! (Actually, I think I turned wifi back on last night, hmm...)
    I would love to love Lollipop. I've got the 22.21.11 patch (I think; I can't confirm right now because it's dead again); wasn't that supposed to fix some of these issues? Maybe keeping the wifi off for a bit will let me halfass through until a proper fix?
    Post some screen shots of your battery usage. If it is dying when it is not being used like you say, then something is in the background killing it and should show up on the usage page.

Also, have you cleared your system cashe or factory reset yet?

Anyone else that is having post update battery issues, post screen shots of your usage page and battery graph page. It is impossible to determine what is going on without this information.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-05-2014 11:45 AM

Also, have you cleared your system cashe or factory reset yet?

Sent from my XT1096
    NoYankees44, if I remember correctly, you're on vzw too. What did you end up finding worked best for you regarding the quote above?
    I can update at this second, deferred it while I'm still on kk. I want a smooth update as if I did a factory reset, but without having to set up apps again. I understand clearing system cache saves certain data, however if you went this route, did you find you had to redo any settings (moto stuff, other stuff in settings, etc?)

And finally, this version from vzw, is it the one with the patch 22.21.11?

Can anyone confirm Bluetooth now working ok, speed of music unchanged now? Other bugs, like attentive display fixed?
    12-05-2014 12:53 PM
    NoYankees44, if I remember correctly, you're on vzw too. What did you end up finding worked best for you regarding the quote above?
    I can update at this second, deferred it while I'm still on kk. I want a smooth update as if I did a factory reset, but without having to set up apps again. I understand clearing system cache saves certain data, however if you went this route, did you find you had to redo any settings (moto stuff, other stuff in settings, etc?)

And finally, this version from vzw, is it the one with the patch 22.21.11?

Can anyone confirm Bluetooth now working ok, speed of music unchanged now? Other bugs, like attentive display fixed?
    I used system cache wipe method that is stickied. It does not wipe any user data or apps. I dont remember having to redo any settings, but i may be wrong. It is the closest thing to doing a factory reset without actually doing one. You can also wipe specific app cache in the app settings if one app is behaving oddly, but this does nothing for system data.

I have not yet tried bluetooth audio. Bluetooth data transfer is working fine though.

Make sure to also give it a couple of days before freaking out about the battery life. My first couple of days were abnormally low. Google services and Android OS were working alot in the background.
    Green_Laser likes this.
    12-05-2014 03:36 PM