Concern about the battery´s life itself

Vinloc

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Greetings AC community, this is my first post here :)

so for the past couple of months i have been on the fence between the droid turbo and the new x
ever since the first reviews came out i leaned towards the droid turbo but since it is not coming out in europe the decision has been made for me :D

not to say the X is a bad phone, but i do have on concern about the battery and i am not talking about the battery life on a day but rather:

How long will the battery live until it is used up and has to be replaced physically since it is sealed in? Thats my major concern, i had a galaxy s2 for the past 3.5 years (yeah i really want a new phone :D) and i had to swap the battery once because it malfunctioned and my s2 turned off randomly.

I intend to keep the phone for at least 2-3years until i get my new phone and i am always careful with it but i cant affect the life of the battery.
is moto giving a service in which they replace the battery for a fee or do i have to buy a new phone if the battery dies on me?

How have your sealed batteries fared till now, for example on the Nexus 5 or other phones with sealed batteries?

greets,
Vinloc

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 Li-PO lasted 16 months! 3 and a half months after the warranty, I think they start degrading as soon as they are made, so it will depend how old the battery is when you get the phone, Mine was made in jan 2013.
It went from normal use to pretty unusable quite quickly, I had no gradual decline.

Vinloc

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Mhm that is quite disturbing tbh :/ I would like the phone to hold up for at least 2.5 years until it declines so harshly since i am paying so much for it :/

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my old V5 old flip style had 6 batteries! before I finally lost it! they are disposable these days, they think everyone will upgrade in a year. I buy my phones contract free and would like them to last longer!

Vinloc

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah i usually prefer to buy them out of a contract too, thats what i did with my s2 too and paid 430€ back then when it was released for half a year and i intend to the same again but i have to think about it if the battery is really that short lived :( or maybe go for a lg g3 with a replacable battery