Moto X pure edition carrier compatibility

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I've been looking to replace my Moto X 2013 model with either the new moto x or the Nexus 6. If I get the moto x, I want the pure edition to get faster updates and to not have any carrier bloatware. I was wondering if I could put a Verizon sim in the pure edition and it be compatible. I know that with my current Verizon model moto x I can put a tmo or att sim in and chug right along.

Thanks in advance for the help.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I've been looking to replace my Moto X 2013 model with either the new moto x or the Nexus 6. If I get the moto x, I want the pure edition to get faster updates and to not have any carrier bloatware. I was wondering if I could put a Verizon sim in the pure edition and it be compatible. I know that with my current Verizon model moto x I can put a tmo or att sim in and chug right along.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Verizon SIM will not work. Even if it had the correct bands Verizon has to approve of the device on its network. If you want that freedom...Look into att or tmo.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Verizon SIM will not work. Even if it had the correct bands Verizon has to approve of the device on its network. If you want that freedom...Look into att or tmo.

I'm seriously considering it. The only problem is signal strength. Verizon is the ONLY carrier with good LTE in rural Maryland. The other carriers' LTE gets really spotty 10 miles out of Baltimore.

Does the Nexus 6 support all the same bands no matter what carrier you buy it on? In other words is it the same hardware for every carrier? If so, I would most likely buy from the play store if I went with that option.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering it. The only problem is signal strength. Verizon is the ONLY carrier with good LTE in rural Maryland. The other carriers' LTE gets really spotty 10 miles out of Baltimore.

Does the Nexus 6 support all the same bands no matter what carrier you buy it on? In other words is it the same hardware for every carrier? If so, I would most likely buy from the play store if I went with that option.
It's the same issue. You still need to buy it through Verizon. If you want device freedom drop em.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
It's the same issue. You still need to buy it through Verizon. If you want device freedom drop em.

Just curious, so what are you buying for $499.99 from Moto site and picking Verizon Wireless as the carrier? Is this not a Verizon 'Pure Edition'?

Thanks

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Nexus 6 will work on any carrier. The question is if you need a Sim for it and will vzw give you one for it. Not heard answers on this. The device works if you already have a Sim.

Posted via the Android Central App

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 6 will work on any carrier. The question is if you need a Sim for it and will vzw give you one for it. Not heard answers on this. The device works if you already have a Sim.

If you already have a Verizon nano-sim for your current phone, then should be easy to swap out and poof, done? :) I hope so! hehe

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, so what are you buying for $499.99 from Moto site and picking Verizon Wireless as the carrier? Is this not a Verizon 'Pure Edition'?

Thanks

No, if you pick Verizon as the carrier they will send you the Verizon model. You are just paying full price instead of subsidising it. I don't remember the last time I got a subsidised phone.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I do already have a nano sim for Verizon. It is currently in my moto x.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
No, if you pick Verizon as the carrier they will send you the Verizon model. You are just paying full price instead of subsidising it. I don't remember the last time I got a subsidised phone.

Thanks. I seem to have heard somewhere (maybe on this forum), that if you bring a unlocked/your phone to Verizon, you get some sort of discount off your bill or something? Would be interested to know if thats true.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You should consider the Droid Turbo, it's an X on steroids.

But no where near as nice looking or comfy in the hands. Plus its marginally better at best for most people. For me the X is a better device though. But we all have our needs!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney