Got an update to Spotlight. Now it says Duet coming soon. This is great. My 3 year old son loved the first two. It's a cute little add on that I really appreciate. I don't know if this is just a Moto X thing, but, I like it none the less.
    11-15-2014 05:46 PM
    It is a Moto thing, not sure if it's just the X tho. I love them as well.
    11-16-2014 02:34 PM
    They are cute, although the red hat for Windy Day really confused me when I first got the phone. I couldn't figure out what the hat in the lower corner of my screen was. Until I touched it, I thought it was just a cutesy way of indicating "home" mode was on (as in, "Home is where you hang your hat.")
    11-16-2014 08:51 PM
    Ehh I disabled it on my X. Saw it on the girlfriend G as well. Cool but it kept popping up.

Sent From My Nexus 7
    11-16-2014 10:27 PM
    They're cute. They're pointless entertainment. They're harmless. And there's nothing wrong with them.

But I would love it if Moto would spend the resources on updating the camera software to deliver better results as they did with the original X.
    11-16-2014 10:40 PM
    They're cute. They're pointless entertainment. They're harmless. And there's nothing wrong with them.

But I would love it if Moto would spend the resources on updating the camera software to deliver better results as they did with the original X.
    I don't think it's Moto doing these things, but rather individual artists with the tools. Moto just uploads the new material once it's ready.
    11-17-2014 10:19 AM
    I don't think it's Moto doing these things, but rather individual artists with the tools. Moto just uploads the new material once it's ready.
    The productions are definitely funded by Google/Motorola. I can't post links yet, but google "wired glen-keane-duet-google" and click on that wired article.

This article is interesting in that it refers to Google funding the production. If that were the case, then I would think that they would roll it out to all Android devices. It also begs the question about who own's Spotlight now? Google or Lenovo?
    11-17-2014 12:21 PM
    This is the new Spotlight film directed by Glen Kaene. (spoiler alert)
    Cheers.

11-17-2014 01:02 PM
    Resources = funding. That's all I'm trying to suggest. The camera should be outperforming the 2013 X but my wife's 2013 X (and mine) does better than my 2014 X in terms of focus/clarity regardless of app used. It's starting to get frustrating.
    11-17-2014 10:12 PM