So I've been using my moto x for a while now, and am thinking of purchasing the new 2014 model soon.
    But I've had second thoughts as to it.
    I am considering getting the moto g too, as the touchless control which is the main difference, just doesn't seem worth the money.

I don't know if this works any better in the new model so maybe you guys can help me.

What I'm looking for:
    Using touchless control while I'm driving or my phone is out of reach (deep in my bag, or I'm in the middle of preparing a cake and my hands are messy etc):
    - turning bluetooth on (that seems to work) and playing spotify playlist in shuffle mode
    - changing the song to the next one
    - writing a google keep note (text or voice note) - so far it works but needs confirmation by touching a button
    - sending a voice message to someone via whatsapp

That's about it. If it could do more (fb messages f e) that would be great.

So far it works really messy (doesnt recognize contact names), and it ALWAYS needs an interaction with the phone afterwards (confirming by clicking a button etc). Not very "touchless"!!

So overall I just never use it because it makes no sense. It rarely works well with recognizing what Im saying and if I have to grab the phone anyways I might just use my hands instead.

Compared to (still messy) Siri, google's TC just looks really sad and stupid.

(Ive installer Utter which is supposed to give more options but so far it has only annoyed me with regonizing speach when I wasnt even talking )

Please help! Am I just using it wrong or are such simple features as controling spotify missing there?
    11-16-2014 09:05 AM
    I haven't tried using mine to control another app, but answering texts or calls without touching it works very well, either when I'm at home or driving in the car. I won't say it's perfect as occasionally it hiccups, but overall I'm very happy with how it works.
    11-16-2014 07:53 PM
    This may help you some..

Check out "Commandr for Google Now" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....RSen.Commandr
    11-16-2014 09:38 PM