So, right now I used my att next upgrade on the m8. However, I'm bothered more than I thought I would be about it not getting the lollipop look and I want to get updates more quickly. However, since I'm still payingvoff this phone, I don't know if utll be worth paying the 600 for the pure edition 32gb model. Although the payments on the m8 are only monthly, so its maybe not too bad. And I could sell it once its paid off.

I figure I can get 200 for my old iPhone and that can help pay for the moto x.

I do know the moto x has worse battery life than the m8. But honestly as long as its longer than the nexus 5 I'm cool. That phone barely got through a day when I had it.

What say you guys? I do think I'd be happier with the moto x, but don't know if spending the money is foolish or not.
    11-17-2014 01:11 AM
    If Lollipop is what you seek, HTC has stated publicly that your M8 will have it within 90 days of it's release... which would be by mid-January 2015.

The HTC ONE M8 is still one of the best Android phones money can buy and has nearly identical specifications to the Moto X 2014. If you are happy with the M8 hardware and the HTC Sense experience - just be a little patient and you will have your Lollipop.

You can make yourself miserable waiting for the next big thing. You can make yourself broke, crazy, and even more miserable getting into the habit of "needing" every next big thing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    AustinTech likes this.
    11-17-2014 06:12 AM
    I made the move from m8 to x and couldn't be happier. I like the form of the x much better. Battery life between the two has been the same for me.
    11-17-2014 08:01 AM
    Here is a thread asking: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ve-one-m8.html. It might have some comments that will help.
    11-17-2014 08:11 AM
    If Lollipop is what you seek, HTC has stated publicly that your M8 will have it within 90 days of it's release... which would be by mid-January 2015.

The HTC ONE M8 is still one of the best Android phones money can buy and has nearly identical specifications to the Moto X 2014. If you are happy with the M8 hardware and the HTC Sense experience - just be a little patient and you will have your Lollipop.

You can make yourself miserable waiting for the next big thing. You can make yourself broke, crazy, and even more miserable getting into the habit of "needing" every next big thing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Its not that I hate sense. Its just I really like stock android more. Again, lollipop stock UI looks rather awesome. I was actually going to go with the moto x originally, but I guess I was impatient and didn't want to wait for moto maker. Now I'm wishing I did wait. But again, the m8 I do like, I just wish it had stock android and motos features and update speediness, although HTC I guess is quick by other OEMs.
    11-17-2014 08:38 AM
    Its not that I hate sense. Its just I really like stock android more. Again, lollipop stock UI looks rather awesome. I was actually going to go with the moto x originally, but I guess I was impatient and didn't want to wait for moto maker. Now I'm wishing I did wait. But again, the m8 I do like, I just wish it had stock android and motos features and update speediness, although HTC I guess is quick by other OEMs.
    For what it's worth, I am a former Nexus 5 and M8 owner. I now have a 32GB Pure Edition Moto X 2014. Sense is my favorite of the all OEM Android skins, but I prefer my Android the way Google intended Android to be. The M8 is a great phone, but I prefer the Moto X 2014 hands down over it. No question.
    11-17-2014 09:00 AM
    For what it's worth, I am a former Nexus 5 and M8 owner. I now have a 32GB Pure Edition Moto X 2014. Sense is my favorite of the all OEM Android skins, but I prefer my Android the way Google intended Android to be. The M8 is a great phone, but I prefer the Moto X 2014 hands down over it. No question.
    I think I would be more happy with the moto x. I just need to figure out if I want to spend 600 on it right now. As I said, selling my iPhone would pay for a third of it.
    11-17-2014 09:03 AM
    I think I would be more happy with the moto x. I just need to figure out if I want to spend 600 on it right now. As I said, selling my iPhone would pay for a third of it.
    Your M8 is worth about $350 on Swappa right now. If you are going to sell it, now is the time. That would get you $550 between the M8 and your old iPhone. Then you could consider your next payments to be on the new Moto X.
    11-17-2014 09:08 AM
    Your M8 is worth about $350 on Swappa right now. If you are going to sell it, now is the time. That would get you $550 between the M8 and your old iPhone. Then you could consider your next payments to be on the new Moto X.
    Only issue is that I can't sell the m8 until its paid off. So I would need to buy the pure edition moto mostly out of pocket. Then when I finally pay off the m8, then sell it for whatever its worth then
    11-17-2014 02:12 PM