Has anyone seen this issue? I have a Pure Edition model and for some reason I don't have any apps showing up in the Play Store. So they are not being updated obviously. I downloaded one new app and it shows up fine.
    This is a brand new phone... I will try to factory reset it but just curious if anyone has seen this.
    Thanks
    11-20-2014 06:57 AM
    I don't see a factory reset helping if your my apps area on GP is empty. Are you sure you're logged in with the same account as before? I'm not 100% sure about the my apps area, "storage", maybe, I can't remember what it's called but not the installed panel, the other one, but GP displays different apps based on your device. Some will drop off and some will be added to your search results, I'm just not sure about previously installed apps. Regardless there should be at least a few that would show up even if this were the case, your new device couldn't be that unique. My guess is you've logged into GP with a different account than the one you downloaded the apps on. There is a signout option, I would try that and log back in, even if you are sure this is the correct account because it should be updated with all of your stuff. FRing your device will only affect the device and not your account with GP.
    11-20-2014 07:34 AM
    I don't see a factory reset helping if your my apps area on GP is empty. Are you sure you're logged in with the same account as before? I'm not 100% sure about the my apps area, "storage", maybe, I can't remember what it's called but not the installed panel, the other one, but GP displays different apps based on your device. Some will drop off and some will be added to your search results, I'm just not sure about previously installed apps. Regardless there should be at least a few that would show up even if this were the case, your new device couldn't be that unique. My guess is you've logged into GP with a different account than the one you downloaded the apps on. There is a signout option, I would try that and log back in, even if you are sure this is the correct account because it should be updated with all of your stuff. FRing your device will only affect the device and not your account with GP.
    Thanks for the reply. This is a brand new phone with brand new Google account. The list should at least display the preloaded apps so that I can write reviews/update them. This makes no sense so I'm gonna try the reset right now (didn't want to go there because I already configured many settings)

edit: same thing after factory reset with the same new account. BUT, the other account works fine (I see all pre-installed apps in the list for update). Have no clue what it can be
    11-20-2014 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the reply. This is a brand new phone with brand new Google account. The list should at least display the preloaded apps so that I can write reviews/update them. This makes no sense so I'm gonna try the reset right now (didn't want to go there because I already configured many settings)

edit: same thing after factory reset with the same new account. BUT, the other account works fine (I see all pre-installed apps in the list for update). Have no clue what it can be
    My sisters X did this as well (she switched from iPhone) . all the preinstalled apps (gmail, moto, camera etc) did not show up. I'm not sure how long it took but I think if you just give it a day or so they should all populate.

Posted via the Android Central App
    VidJunky likes this.
    11-20-2014 10:15 PM
    This is something that has been occurring for a while with Android devices--preinstalled Google apps or other bloatware apps don't necessarily show up in My Apps until after the first time you update them. So for example, you might not see Google Drive in My Apps, but if you search for Google Drive on Google Play, you might see an Update button. If you update it, then afterwards it will show up in My Apps, and will also now notify you when more updates are available.

I've seen this happen with all of my devices, but other people have described the opposite behavior on different devices--i.e., they do see all of the preinstalled apps in My Apps, even before the first update.
    VidJunky, tr-1 and delrey1900 like this.
    11-21-2014 01:05 AM
    This is something that has been occurring for a while with Android devices--preinstalled Google apps or other bloatware apps don't necessarily show up in My Apps until after the first time you update them. So for example, you might not see Google Drive in My Apps, but if you search for Google Drive on Google Play, you might see an Update button. If you update it, then afterwards it will show up in My Apps, and will also now notify you when more updates are available.

I've seen this happen with all of my devices, but other people have described the opposite behavior on different devices--i.e., they do see all of the preinstalled apps in My Apps, even before the first update.
    Yep, that is what I did last night and it worked.... I didn't think of manually searching for those apps right away (stupid me). Sounds like it's some sort of a bug or a "feature" in Google Play.

Thanks all!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-21-2014 06:36 AM
    My sisters X did this as well (she switched from iPhone) . all the preinstalled apps (gmail, moto, camera etc) did not show up. I'm not sure how long it took but I think if you just give it a day or so they should all populate.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I was curious whether waiting could indeed help, so I only (manually) updated the apps I use (and am aware of) and did not update the rest. The wait was long and I didn't think it was going to work anymore, but today, after 8 (!) days, I was offered 18 updates to pre-installed apps that previously wouldn't show up in My Apps. Weird that this must take so long.
    12-21-2014 04:53 AM