Lollipop - No more power control widget?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone using Lollipop noticed the power control widget is gone? I enjoyed using it because there was quick access to turning off Sync.

Has anyone found a simple alternative?

Posted via the Android Central App

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not on 5.0 yet, but I also enjoy the use (much less the look) of power control widget because it is the ONLY widget I know of which will toggle GPS setting between Battery Saving mode and High Accuracy, comes in handy when need to quickly navigate somewhere. Other gps toggle widgets take you to the gps menu where you would then change modes manually select them.

Hopefully you find it in there or someone let's us know.

kurveb03

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone using Lollipop noticed the power control widget is gone? I enjoyed using it because there was quick access to turning off Sync.

Has anyone found a simple alternative?

Try Power Toggles. Has everything.

Moto X 2014 via the AC app

thefever23

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Powerful Control at the moment but I guess I'll check out Power Toggles too. What I do find odd is my Nexus 7 2012, which is on 5.0, still has the stock Power Control widget and it actually looks updated with a Lollipop feel.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Does Power Toggles work with GPS? I hate having to go into a menu to change the GPS setting.
I do have Location settings on my Power Toggles widget, which when I tap it takes me to the Moto screen where you can turn it on/off, select mode if you want, etc. It saves me the extra steps of the two-fingered drag down from the top, select Location, etc. I only use Location when I need it, so I use that toggle a lot. The other toggles I use frequently are Wifi and flashlight (but I hear Lollipop has a flashlight in it somewhere). There are lots of toggles to choose from, themes, etc., and you can backup your settings too which is nice. There are lots of options and it's a free app, so if you don't like it, you can uninstall it - no biggie.

Zamboni7

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
When I got Lollipop on my HTC One M7, the power control widget disappeared. I just got Lollipop on my Nexus 7 and the power control widget got a facelift w/ new icons. I wish it wasn't deleted from my M7.

rtshoff

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if the power control widget will come back with the 5.0.2 update for lollipop? Missing it on my wife's Moto G GPe. I still have it on my Nexus 4, and I would really rather not have to install a 3rd party app to retain original functionality that we've had since owning a device. This just seems like a bad choice on Google's part. Anyone know why they would remove such a basic widget in the first place, and only from some devices running lollipop? Seems counter intuitive to the mantra of having less fragmentation in the Android world. Or am I really missing something here?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Powerful Control at the moment but I guess I'll check out Power Toggles too. What I do find odd is my Nexus 7 2012, which is on 5.0, still has the stock Power Control widget and it actually looks updated with a Lollipop feel.

Yeah, my G Pad Google Play Edition with 5.0 has a power control widget that has the new color shades to match the rest of the OS. I have not been able to find this widget on my Moto X. Hopefully it was just an oversight, and someone at moto forgot to include it in the build. Maybe we will get it back with 5.0.2.

NimeshT

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know if the power control widget will come back with the 5.0.2 update for lollipop? Missing it on my wife's Moto G GPe. I still have it on my Nexus 4, and I would really rather not have to install a 3rd party app to retain original functionality that we've had since owning a device. This just seems like a bad choice on Google's part. Anyone know why they would remove such a basic widget in the first place, and only from some devices running lollipop? Seems counter intuitive to the mantra of having less fragmentation in the Android world. Or am I really missing something here?
I got Moto G 2013 & 2014 which got updated to 5.0.2 and the power control widget is missing (which brought me to this post), probably we will have to use third party apps only.

Wreetojyoti Ray

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I got this 2014 Moto G (2nd gen) and it just got updated to lollipop 5.0.2 and the power toggle widget is missing !! .. :(
So I believe I am only left with the option of using a third party app

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Power Toggles has been working well for me on my Pure Edition, after I found I had no Power Control widget with 5.0. I do still have it on my Nexus 7 '13 running 5.0.2 ... where I never use it. :)

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Power Control is missing on Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe, it is still on my Nexus 4 both running Lollipop. I liked the widget don't want 3rd party app too.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe on Lollipop.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you should not have to use a 3rd party app, but in the meantime just try Power Toggles. It's free and just works, no ads, no hassles.

Trudy Dsouza

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I loved the widget too. Guess I'll have to go check out this new third party app. Ugh.. Why would they take this out. I'm guessing they had their reasons, but it would have been nice to have

Stevecu

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Power toggles is not better than all the other widgets that stopped working with Lollipop. It just opens the settings screen, where you still have to choose between High Accuracy and Power Saving.

I'm really surprised there isn't more uproar over this.