Moto X 2014 worth the upgrade over Moto X 2013?

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't going to upgrade. Due to issues with trying to get my 2013 repaired I ended up with a free one. I think however after using the phone for a few weeks, it would have been worth it had I paid. The updated features work well and its still a very ergonomic phone. The leather on mine is breaking in nicely. Love the solidness of this phone. The metal frame just gives it a quality feel and look. Battery life has been better than my 2013. I would spring for the Pure Edition. I like the Nexus 6 too. Haven't seen it in person but I have heard rumors its rather large.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't going to upgrade. Due to issues with trying to get my 2013 repaired I ended up with a free one. I think however after using the phone for a few weeks, it would have been worth it had I paid. The updated features work well and its still a very ergonomic phone. The leather on mine is breaking in nicely. Love the solidness of this phone. The metal frame just gives it a quality feel and look. Battery life has been better than my 2013. I would spring for the Pure Edition. I like the Nexus 6 too. Haven't seen it in person but I have heard rumors its rather large.
They have the n6 at our att store. It feels like holding a nexus 7 to me.

If it had a pen my wife would love it (she thinks her note 3 is too small), but it crosses the line for me.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the 2013 Moto X and the only thing that I didn't like about it was the small screen size. The 2014 should make the Moto X as close to perfection in a phone as I can get (my love for the Note phones not withstanding).

thefever23

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had no plans on buying the new Moto X just because of how much I loved the 2013 and because it did feel like such a minimal upgrade. After holding off for a little I got the itch for a new electronic... Then I found myself designing my new Moto X on their website and a few days later it arrived to my house. At first I actually hated it because it was too big. Now a week and a half later I absolutely love the 2014. It fits in the hand perfectly and the larger size is offset by the thinness of the phone. Also, all of the Motorola software seem to work much smoother. Battery life is great and it might just be me but the phone seems to charge extremely quickly even with the non turbo stock charger. Just like the one before it I'm very satisfied with the new Moto X and recommend it to everyone. I like it enough to not return it and re-buy it through the cyber Monday deal just because I don't want to be without it for a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also bought the Moto X 2014 .I still have my Moto X 2013 as well.
Im glad it isnt any bigger then it is over the 2013 model,no regrets in buying it though.
I got my Moto X 2014 on Oct.20 from Moto Maker ,customized this time around :)

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
With the Ebay deal for a Moto X 1st Gen (2013) Developer's Edition for $219.99, I am seriously debating selling my 2014 X and downgrading. Aside from the screen, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two. A friend of mine has the 2013 X and I have the 2014 X and I honestly like the size of the 2013 better than I do the 2014. I guess playing with my old Droid X will do that :). Thoughts? Thanks guys.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
With the Ebay deal for a Moto X 1st Gen (2013) Developer's Edition for $219.99, I am seriously debating selling my 2014 X and downgrading. Aside from the screen, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two. A friend of mine has the 2013 X and I have the 2014 X and I honestly like the size of the 2013 better than I do the 2014. I guess playing with my old Droid X will do that :). Thoughts? Thanks guys.

I wouldn't fault anyone for picking the 2013 version if you like the size better and want to save ~$200.

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at the 219.99 ebay 2013 developer edition but then realized it is the Verizon version (XT1060) instead of the "regular" developer edition (XT1053).

Phil Hamlin

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm strongly considering taking advantage of my cyber Monday $140 code. Does anyone know if this coupon can be used with Verizon edge? Everything I've seen shows $140 savings off contract or $0.01 on ($50.01 for the 32). I'd like to avoid a contract if possible.

Would love to grab a 32 with edge and save the $140 as well, plus 30% off my turbo charger.