Percent enabler

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That's very cool. Thanks for sharing it.

Where/how did you get the image above? Is that how the stock percentage the app enables appears in L? In KitKat it is always white so the percentage only shows when the battery is down under half charge.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is a cropped screen shot of my current screen. Yes that's how it looks now in L. Much better than it did in K.K.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a cropped screen shot of my current screen. Yes that's how it looks now in L. Much better than it did in K.K.

Very cool. Thanks. It's still useful in KitKat, even though the percentage is really only readable at about 40% charge and below. Still, very clever of the app developer to find the toggle that turns this on.

So in L, when it hits 50%, is the number XORed (top half is white-on-black, bottom half is black-on-white)?

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. Thanks. It's still useful in KitKat, even though the percentage is really only readable at about 40% charge and below. Still, very clever of the app developer to find the toggle that turns this on.

So in L, when it hits 50%, is the number XORed (top half is white-on-black, bottom half is black-on-white)?

The number stays black, but, is still pretty visible on the gray battery icon.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The number stays black, but, is still pretty visible on the gray battery icon.

Enabled it on my Nexus 7 2012 last night. Very neat, but the battery icon is so small on that screen the numbers are all but invisible. Still, interesting that this is a native part of the OS that just needs toggling on in a user-accessible preference.