Why does sleep mode not work, even with downtime settings?

Slipperybrain

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon Moto X with Lollipop and my sleep mode will not work correctly, even with the Downtime settings as well. I have sleep mode set from 10pm-7am and downtime settings set to the same time. Yet last night I received an email and text message while sleeping and they both woke me up...I tried it today and change the times, still same issue. I have the downtime settings set to starred contacts only for calls.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Are they conflicting with each other? Don't they both modify notifications? Maybe you have to use one and turn off the other?

Slipperybrain

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
When you set up Sleep Assist, you have to select use Downtime Settings or Keep my screen off to get the Sleep Assist to be enabled. I have selected both setting and it does not seem to matter, messages still come through. I will try tonite to just use the downtime settings and no sleep mode.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sleep Assist just shuts off the audible notifications for me. I do not have the 'Keep my screen off' enabled though. Do you have that enabled? The screen will still light up for a call and text. And supposedly, sleep assist will let a call ring if the caller is on your contact list and they call more than once consistently.

Slipperybrain

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Sleep Assist should shut off audible notifications for me, but it does not.

I did not have the Keep my screen off enabled. I did try it today and reset my times, but that did not seem to matter either.

No calls were received last night, just email and text messages, which are not set to disrupt in the settings, only starred contacts from calls are set. Lollipop seems to have some conflicting settings with the Moto X

Slipperybrain

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have found mixed results as I have been sending myself emails from my work email to my personal email all day trying to figure this out. With both sleep and downtime settings on, I will get interrupted by some email messages and sometimes I dont get interrupted. I shouldnt be getting interrupted because Downtime is set for starred contact calls only. I am also wondering if to get Downtime to work, you actually have to set it to the "priority" setting when you hit the volume rocker. If that is the case, then it totally ruins the Sleep Assist experience by Moto because the whole point of that was to not have to turn the volume down and the Sleep Assist would do it automatically.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon Moto X with Lollipop and my sleep mode will not work correctly, even with the Downtime settings as well. I have sleep mode set from 10pm-7am and downtime settings set to the same time. Yet last night I received an email and text message while sleeping and they both woke me up...I tried it today and change the times, still same issue. I have the downtime settings set to starred contacts only for calls.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I really hope they address this issue. It is one of my favorite features.