guest user battery drain?

bjbaker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I updated to lollipop last night. Today took phone off charger at 7am... Currently "Guest User" is sitting a top the list at 6% battery usage with 44min of CPU time and 5h keeping awake... This doesn't seem right...
I went into guest user last night for roughly 30 seconds just to see what it does.. Haven't switched to guest user since.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 18544.jpg
    18544.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 25

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, that's not 6% of the battery capacity, it's 6% of the amount of battery used - which could be 1% of battery capacity. (Which would make it .16% of the battery capacity.) Second, post a screenshot of the second page of the battery stats (go to Battery, then press the graph.) The Awake line will tell all. If it's awake too much, you can use Wakelock Detector (see Wakelock with non-rooted KitKat) to see what's keeping it awake and Greenify to stop it.

bjbaker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I unfortunately don't know how to read this page. And I know its the percentage of what's been used.. So it was 6% of the 50% used at the time of the screen shot...

Now it's 10% of the 70% gone...

But I'm not using the guest user.. Doesn't seem like it should be so high.

Attachments

• 18545.jpg
    18545.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 20

bjbaker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I powered off and back on... It is now labeled "removed user"... And appears to not be increasing the stats... Hmm

bjbaker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Just an update.. But the guest user hasn't shown up again.. So that's good.. But not sure why throughout the day when I used guest user for 30 seconds, it continued to use CPU and keep the phone awake the rest of the day, or until I restarted my phone.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you start up any apps using the "guest" account, or install any widgets on its desktop, or anything like that?

bjbaker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
No I didn't.. I turned it on.. And looked at it.. That was it.. Didn't open anything or change anything while in the guest mode.