I'm being charged incorrect sales tax, what to do?

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, when I tried to put in my order for the Moto X on Motorola's website it would charge me 10% instead of 8% in my area. Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something? I've contacted live chat and they were of no help saying that was the tax which was incorrect. This is first time I've encountered this issue. I've inputted my address so they know my area and it's 8% sales tax. I've even tried a different web browser and cleared out my cached still no luck.

What to do? Thanks in advance. :)

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello, when I tried to put in my order for the Moto X on Motorola's website it would charge me 10% instead of 8% in my area. Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something? I've contacted live chat and they were of no help saying that was the tax which was incorrect. This is first time I've encountered this issue. I've inputted my address so they know my area and it's 8% sales tax. I've even tried a different web browser and cleared out my cached still no luck.

What to do? Thanks in advance. :)

Maybe call instead of using chat?

Me? I'd just move on and forget it. I mean what is the extra 2% costing you, like $6 maybe?

I get the point that it needs to be fixed and I agree it should calculate the correct tax but to me $6 is not worth the time and effort I'd spend trying to get Moto to fix the issue..

If that few extra $$ is worth the time and effort to you, then I'd call instead of using chat..

Good luck!

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
If you do the Cyber Monday deal, they charge you sales tax on the full price, not the price after the promo.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
The sales tax is applied after the discount; my question is did they charge you guys the correct sales tax based on where you live? I even tried it on a different computer and it was still the same, I just don't understand what is is going on? It's the principle. It's holding me back from ordering and I really want the Moto X. I'm hoping that Motorola would at least reimburse me the difference.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
One last update: It turned out that Motorola estimated the sales tax so they don't tell you until you received an email regarding your order and that's when they input the correct sales taxes. An odd way of doing it because most sites tell you right away what your sales taxes are. Sorry guys for bringing this thread backup again but this is just to let others know. Thanks everyone for viewing and their input. Can't wait for my Moto X.