Ordered new Moto X on Cyber Monday, it came today.
    32 GB, Black with Cordovan Leather Back.
    Once activating the phone, I immediately downloaded and installed the Lollipop update.
    Based on what I've read on AndroidCentral and other sites, I was expecting to follow the Lollipop automated setup wizard, but it never showed up as an option nor could I find it anywhere on the device.
    So, I just manually added my work email and gmail, and used Google Play to reinstall the apps from my old phone (Razr Maxx HD).
    Is it possible that the Moto (or Verizon version of Moto) does not use the new Lollipop setup wizard?
    Moto tried to get me to install the "Migrate" app on both the old and new phones, seems like too much of a hassle to be worthwhile.
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how to best copy over my text messages, wallpapers, and photos?

Also, what should I read (online manuals, FAQs, etc.) to best help me understand the various Moto and Lollipop settings and tools?

First impressions of the phone - silky smooth and fast, feels great in hand, screen is very big and sharp and yet doesn't feel much bigger in my hand than the Razr Maxx HD.

Looking forward to being an active participant in this forum!
    12-08-2014 12:50 PM
    After installing Lollipop did you do a factory reset? I would think any setup wizard would come up after a factory reset.
    12-08-2014 12:57 PM
    No, I did not do the reset, I guess I should have.
    12-08-2014 01:36 PM
    I just received mine today also. I used the migrate app first, then did the update. First time using the Moto Migrate app, and I have to say it was super simple to use and made the set up on the new phone really easy.
    Karen Stedman likes this.
    12-08-2014 02:11 PM
    After installing Lollipop did you do a factory reset? I would think any setup wizard would come up after a factory reset.
    Bingo!did just that and was able to transfer what I wanted using NFC.
    12-08-2014 09:47 PM
    This was awesome when my nexus 7 updated. Sadly I was leaving for work while my x updated and wasn't by another device for NFC setup which would have made my life so much easier

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2014 11:21 AM
    any ideas when lollipop is scheduled to be released for the Moto X2 on ATT? The WWW is very vague
    12-09-2014 02:55 PM
    Interestingly I found that if you don't do the "tap to transfer" you can't restore from a backup. On my Nexus 5 I am able to choose what apps/etc... to restore when I sign in to my Google account. That seems to have been disabled.
    12-10-2014 09:03 AM