Volume/silent/Vibrate<<--Moto X 2nd --Lollipop ---5.0

Am I missing something ..I can not find quick settings for this Basic settings..

Do I need and app... ??? Please tell me not
    12-09-2014 01:45 PM
    I have the same question. Volume button has some odd slider "None Priority All"
    12-09-2014 01:59 PM
    To get phone in silent mode touch where it shows none,it will show if you want it set for indefinite, or how many hours .
    The same goes for priority,it will ask for indefinite or how many hours you want it set for.

So you dont use the volume slider to set it to silent you touch none and then set it for indefinite or how many hours you want it silent.If you use the volume slider and move it all the way to the left it will be in vibrate mode.
    A box pops open when you touch none with the options just mentioned.

Edit:
    None: your phone is silent for rings/messaging
    Priority :means your contacts rings or /messaging sounds will still be heard .I think for all contacts (it might just be for favorites I forgot for sure lol )
    All: Rings /messaging as normal
    12-09-2014 02:09 PM
    The volume rocker changes volume. With the volume popup open click on the Bell icon to change it to vibrate only or click the volume all the way down. "None" is absolute silence (i.e. not even an alarm clock will sound).

"Priority" is a new setting that silences all notifications except those you deem to be "priority interruptions" which will be allowed to ring or vibrate at your volume setting. You configure which interruptions are priority under "Settings">"Sound & notification">"Interruptions"
    12-09-2014 02:11 PM
    Makes sense now...

thanks....
    12-09-2014 02:24 PM
    Couldnt have left well enough alone i suppose.
    12-09-2014 02:34 PM
    None: your phone is silent for rings/messaging
    Priority :means your contacts rings or /messaging sounds will still be heard .I think for all contacts (it might just be for favorites I forgot for sure lol )
    All: Rings /messaging as normal
    This is what's annoying about the Moto apps now relying on the single Downtime setting. For "Meeting" I want the None setting. For "Sleeping" I want the Priority setting, where favorites only will ring. All of this was customizable in the Moto app settings under Kit Kat.
    12-09-2014 02:50 PM
    So is there a quick way to set it to vibrate only?
    12-09-2014 03:24 PM
    Yes... Hit the volume keys on phone..

then.. click the bell on left of box and it goes to vibrate only
    rlb likes this.
    12-09-2014 03:29 PM
    So is there a quick way to set it to vibrate only?
    click the volume rocker then select the "bell" icon
    rlb likes this.
    12-09-2014 03:29 PM
    These new volume settings are the only thing about lollipop I don't like. It really seems like someone at Google sat down and decided to complicate the process for no reason at all.
    12-09-2014 10:37 PM
    If you are a power toggles user, add the volume toggle. With each tap, this will cycle through volume on, silent (indicated by a star in lolipop), and vibrate. You can put the power toggles on your homescreen or notification pull-down. It's helped me save a step or two since lollipop went and messed with our volume controls 😠
    12-10-2014 01:11 AM
    If you are a power toggles user, add the volume toggle. With each tap, this will cycle through volume on, silent (indicated by a star in lolipop), and vibrate. You can put the power toggles on your homescreen or notification pull-down. It's helped me save a step or two since lollipop went and messed with our volume controls ������
    The star is actually "Priority", which is "silent...except for alarms and items you deem as priority in the Interruptions menu in Sound & notification settings"

Silence (total absolute no-alarm silent mode) is a circle with a line through it.

(I agree with others that it is ridiculous it takes long threads, youtube videos, and blog posts to explain how to change the volume of your phone with android L...wtf google)
    12-10-2014 07:37 AM
    Hey thanks - you're totally right about that. So if you put it in priority mode and don't allow any interruptions, alarms still get through. Wish we could opt out of the whole thing and go back to the kitkat implementation.
    Clocks likes this.
    12-10-2014 03:47 PM
    If you are a power toggles user, add the volume toggle. With each tap, this will cycle through volume on, silent (indicated by a star in lolipop), and vibrate. You can put the power toggles on your homescreen or notification pull-down. It's helped me save a step or two since lollipop went and messed with our volume controls
    That's exactly what I did. I never need to switch to silent, but I do use vibrate, and adding the volume toggle to my Power Toggles widget fit the bill perfectly. I can switch vibrate off and on quite easily with that, rather than go through all the priority stuff. I concur with benhaube, Clocks, and others that Google took a simple setting like volume preferences and made it way more complicated than it needs to be.
    03-30-2015 11:14 AM
    I agree.
    I replaced my 2013 Moto X for a 14 and I still haven't figured out how the Moto Assist and notifications integrate. I'm hoping the 5.1 update addresses this issue. I want this to be automatic. Not something I have to monkey with every time I head into a meeting. I also use Light Flow and I've yet to find a config that works. Half the time when Moto Assist senses I'm in a meeting, it changes the notification settings, half the time it doesn't.

Not the end of the world, but a funky Moto App is worse than not having it at all.
    03-30-2015 01:25 PM
    i use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bytes.soundhud

It was $1 or $1.50 after the trail ended, but well worth it. I have an easy volume/ringer lifestyle again, with many options as well. Shame on you Google, But thank you, SoundHUD!!!!!
    03-31-2015 09:37 AM