Screen Casting

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Moto X 2014 has gained the ability to screen cast with the new Chromecast update. Anyone give it a try?

Posted via the Android Central App

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it and it works! The service is still in beta so it's not perfect. I was screen casting Amazon Prime Instant video from the phone to the TV. Image and sound was very good and in sync, but there were a few stutters.

Since you have to leave on the display of the phone, battery life would plummet during extended viewing.

Nice to know it works!

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just tried it and it works! The service is still in beta so it's not perfect. I was screen casting Amazon Prime Instant video from the phone to the TV. Image and sound was very good and in sync, but there were a few stutters.

Since you have to leave on the display of the phone, battery life would plummet during extended viewing.

Nice to know it works!

I tried it myself and I can report too that it works well.

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Tried it just now with the Pure Edition running lollipop, didn't work....maybe my chromecast hasn't received the update... I'm on firmware version 22062.

material yolo?

WingsFan87

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I just received a Chromecast app update and noticed the screen cast ability. I tested it and it works fine :)

Very happy!

Moto X 2013
VZW stock 4.4 not rooted
Chromecast App ver 1.9.6
Chromecast Hw Firmware 22062

Posted via Android Central App

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine works from the Chromecast app but not the native lollipop one in display settings.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma