07-05-2016 02:24 AM
34 12
tools
    I dropped it and it works. I call it the Russian solution.
    06-13-2015 12:14 PM
    Dropping the phone just worked for me too! (it's absurd to need such kind of 'solution' in a top mobile phone like Moto X 2014, but anyway, at least rotation is back!)
    After dropping my phone when trying to disable the alarm 3 days ago in the morning (was around 10 inches high), my X axis sensor got locked (I've identified it using the app AndroSensor).
    So I've tried to drop the mobile in many directions (Top ... Bottom... Left... Right... Back), about 5 to 7 inches high, but nothing was working...
    Then I've identified that X axis was the one measuring lateral (left-right) movements.
    So, I concentrated in hitting the phone laterally into a table, and after 2 or 3 drops, it started working again!

Below in Portuguese to help other Brazilian guys that may be facing the same problem:

===

Galera do Brasil, se alguém aqui tem o Moto X 2a geração (2014) e de uma hora pra outra a rotação da tela parou de funcionar, mesmo estando habilitada para girar, baixe algum app que leia os sensores do seu celular (no meu caso, usei o AndroSensor), e observe se um (ou mais) dos eixos do sensor de aceleração (X, Y ou Z) estão travados.
    No meu caso, o sensor X estava travado, e aconteceu depois de eu ter derrubado o celular de uma altura de 1 palmo, ao tentar desligar o alarme 3 dias atrás.
    A solução encontrada aqui no fórum é um tanto quanto absurda, mas funciona! "Derrube" o seu celular em alguma superfície rígida (madeira, uma mesa, etc...), da altura de aproximadamente 1 palmo, até ele destravar.
    No meu caso, forrei uma mesa com um pano de prato (pra evitar de riscar o aparelho), e fui dando umas pancadas (testei em todas as direções... Nas costas do aparelho, na parte de cima, de baixo, e nas laterais)... Depois de umas 10 pancadas (com cuidado pra não amassar nada, claro), nada estava ainda acontecendo, então abri novamente o aplicativo AndroSensor e identifiquei que o eixo X é o que mede movimentos laterais (esquerda-direita).
    Então, concentrei em bater o celular firmemente de lado na mesa. Depois de 2 ou 3 batidas, o sensor destravou, e a rotação voltou a funcionar normalmente!
    06-23-2015 12:27 AM
    I too had this issue with my Turbo today. I dropped the phone but didn't realize why the auto rotate stopped working until I came here. Two hard raps on the back of the phone worked.
    Thanks!
    08-30-2015 10:02 PM
    Amazing, it rly worked!

moto x (2 gen), X axis was stuck at -150,00 or something...

Tried for quite some time dropping the phone "gently"... then got a bit agressive, but no results...
    When I was about to give up, I ended hitting it twice on the back and it magically started rotating again.
    09-29-2015 08:19 PM
    That's incredible, punched the back of my moto x and auto rotate started working. Thanks AC

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-30-2015 08:09 AM
    After a couple of frustrating hours trying to fix this thing, I read this thread, and fixed mine also by. "dropping" my phone onto carpet!!! Hooray.
    01-23-2016 03:02 PM
    Hi, this is SOLVED
    My phone Mot X2 2nd Generation.
    I had the same issue. Two days before, my phone fell from my couch when I was watching UEFA Euro matches. I restarted the phone, I erased cache, and even I installed the new android release that was available in my phone; none of this worked. So I installed Phone Tester, clicked on Sensors status. It showed that the accelerometer was stuck in Y=-165.5. All the numbers must be changing all the time. Next step, I prayed to God and let my phone fall to the carpet. I did this from two feet three times and nothing happened. I let my phone fall from around 4+ feet and it worked. Now my cell is flipping normally, the accelerometer shows all the numbers changing. It worked for me. Thank you jeffrok.
    06-27-2016 11:35 AM
    Try this app, I have on all my devices:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es.phonetester

Very light app

when in it, hit sensors, then look at accelerometer results while moving phone around, tilting in all directions. Seeing the numbers change around will at least tell you your hardware is working fine.
    I have same problem with auto rotate and per your suggestion I installed this app. When I checked the accelerometer the y,z # numbers changed but not the x #. Does this mean my sensors are bad?
    07-04-2016 10:08 AM
    Yes. Just try dropping it along the direction of the x axis, should be resolved. I dropped mine from 3 feet on a towel and the y sensor was back to normal.

Moto X 2014 via the AC App
    07-05-2016 02:24 AM
34 12