Music controls on lock screen?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Wondering this too. Was streaming from Google Play Music for the first time yesterday and was surprised there were no controls on the lock screen.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a PIN lock and KK used to show the controls without having to put my PIN in. Now I must input my PIN to gain access to the locked screen controls. One of the annoyances I have with L.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I think this is a Lollipop issue, not a Moto issue. Under Kit Kat you also got media controls in the Notifications window, but not in L. But on the plus side we do get some awesome, useless Material Design graphic elements, so spot on Google...

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wondering this too. Was streaming from Google Play Music for the first time yesterday and was surprised there were no controls on the lock screen.

I have music controls on my lock screen. I subscribe to Google All Access.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

Attachments

• 6820.jpg
    6820.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 36

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have music controls on my lock screen. I subscribe to Google All Access.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

I get this too, but I have to input my PIN to get it. With KK, I got the controls without the PIN. So basically, I got the controls above the keypad. With L, I have to type my PIN then I get the controls. Minor change but it is annoying since it's been that way for years.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The new version of the lockscreen controls on L are terrible. I used to have fast forward and rewind options on my podcast and music apps. Now it's just skip and pause. Another downside of L for me.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have music controls on the lock screen. I also use a pattern to unlock. Have you checked the settings for content? They may be set to hide info while locked.

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
You have set it to 'show all notification content' in order to see controls without entering pin/pattern/password.

Then if you want to hide content for some notifications you set that individually for each 'sensitive' app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1