Wood Back Peeling...charge to exchange?

freakyhair

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I got my phone a little over a week ago, and the bamboo back has the dreaded but common peeling/lifting. I called two days ago, and with no hassle, they emailed me a code to order a new one off the moto maker site. I just went to the site they linked me to, entered my code, and configured my phone exactly as before, and it's trying to charge me $25 because I am configuring with a wood back, which I had before?

I called, and after waiting on hold, was told that the $25 is normal, but they would refund it after they got my old phone returned. Have others encountered this? It's just rubbing me the wrong way that I paid off-contract pricing (cyber monday code), got a defective product, and they are charging me to get another with promises over the phone that they will refund it.

Side question, if I get the replacement, does my 14 days to return start over? While I like this phone, I'm not blown away, and my battery life has sucked since after the first day. I'm considering just going back to the 2013 Moto X. So do I just return it now? Or if I get a replacement, will I have a new 14 days?

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
If I were you I would make up my mind now whether to return it for a refund.

But yes... the $25 thing is common. Guessing they don't have promo codes that include the leather/wood upgrade.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah your 14-days starts from the original phone date and not the replacement..

If you are on the fence then return it because by the time you receive the replacement your return period will be over..

I'm in California so I have 30-days but am also considering sending mine back as well mainly due to pink tinting of the screen, poor battery and the camera is just flat out terrible..

I also have the Bamboo back and it has me worried that mine will eventually peel over time as well.

dkny2kx

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah your 14-days starts from the original phone date and not the replacement..

If you are on the fence then return it because by the time you receive the replacement your return period will be over..

I'm in California so I have 30-days but am also considering sending mine back as well mainly due to pink tinting of the screen, poor battery and the camera is just flat out terrible..

I also have the Bamboo back and it has me worried that mine will eventually peel over time as well.

I'm assuming if it does peel within a year you have the right to an exchange.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz