I have purchased all three Case Mate cases for the Moto X 2014, and I am not being compensated in any way to write these reviews.

Hula Case:

I found the Hula case to feel somewhat awkward on the new Moto X. It felt weird not having a back on the case. The button travel was slightly diminished by the bumper, but I do think the textured power button is a nice touch. Overall protection from the Hula case is very minimal. I cannot see the Hula case preventing screen breakage for drops, so I would only use the Hula case if all you need is some extra grip on the phone. The big positive of the Hula case is that it offers an unimpeded view of the custom Moto Maker back you chose. Obviously you dont want to completely obscure the beautiful, work of art you created.

Gelli Case:

The Case Mate Gelli Case for the Moto X 2014 is a solid case, however, there is one major downfall. That downfall being button feel. Pushing the buttons with the case on completely eliminates any tactile feedback. The only indication you have hit the button is on the screen. This really disappointed me because I really wanted to love this case. The Gelli Case does somewhat obscure your custom back plate, but the material is semi transparent letting some of the color through. The frost black model I have you could almost say tints the color of my red back plate.

Naked Tough Case:

The Case Mate Naked Tough case for the Moto X 2014 is the best case of the three cases Case Mate offers. I have nothing but good things to say about this case. The visibility of the custom Moto Maker design, and the added protection of having a back make this case the best of both worlds. Unlike the other two cases, button feedback is incredible. There is just as much feedback using the power and volume buttons as if the case were off. The Naked Tough case is definitely a great buy and offers great protection. It consists of a clear plastic shell with a silicon bumper that goes around the inside of the plastic shell. That silicon bumper makes me feel much better about this case actually doing some protecting.
    GADA 50, PeninaD, isdaako and 1 others like this.
    12-28-2014 05:43 PM
    I have purchased all three Case Mate cases for the Moto X 2014, and I am not being compensated in any way to write these reviews.

Hula Case:

I found the Hula case to feel somewhat awkward on the new Moto X. It felt weird not having a back on the case. The button travel was slightly diminished by the bumper, but I do think the textured power button is a nice touch. Overall protection from the Hula case is very minimal. I cannot see the Hula case preventing screen breakage for drops, so I would only use the Hula case if all you need is some extra grip on the phone. The big positive of the Hula case is that it offers an unimpeded view of the custom Moto Maker back you chose. Obviously you dont want to completely obscure the beautiful, work of art you created.

Gelli Case:

The Case Mate Gelli Case for the Moto X 2014 is a solid case, however, there is one major downfall. That downfall being button feel. Pushing the buttons with the case on completely eliminates any tactile feedback. The only indication you have hit the button is on the screen. This really disappointed me because I really wanted to love this case. The Gelli Case does somewhat obscure your custom back plate, but the material is semi transparent letting some of the color through. The frost black model I have you could almost say tints the color of my red back plate.

Naked Tough Case:

The Case Mate Naked Tough case for the Moto X 2014 is the best case of the three cases Case Mate offers. I have nothing but good things to say about this case. The visibility of the custom Moto Maker design, and the added protection of having a back make this case the best of both worlds. Unlike the other two cases, button feedback is incredible. There is just as much feedback using the power and volume buttons as if the case were off. The Naked Tough case is definitely a great buy and offers great protection. It consists of a clear plastic shell with a silicon bumper that goes around the inside of the plastic shell. That silicon bumper makes me feel much better about this case actually doing some protecting.
    Completely agree about the Naked Tough. Using it for the past two weeks and love everything about it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    PeninaD likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:58 PM
    I have the Hula case and it's a silicon ring encased in plastic so it should offer the same level of screen protection. The grip is way better than without a case and the buttons feel fine on it as well.
    12-31-2014 04:27 PM
    I go between a Hula and no case at all. Don't want to cover the leather and a case makes the phone too big.

01-01-2015 11:40 AM
    I have the Naked Tough case on my Moto X, I like it but it does get a lot of dirt and lint under it, but I like the idea you don't lose the custom look of the phone.

01-01-2015 12:22 PM
    Naked Tough here and Hula and I agree the Hula feels odd. The Naked Tough is a fingerprint magnet though. Best case so far though.

01-01-2015 11:16 PM
    I have the Naked Tough case on my Moto X, I like it but it does get a lot of dirt and lint under it, but I like the idea you don't lose the custom look of the phone.

I too have been getting a little bit of lint underneath the Naked Tough case. I dont get much though because I carry the phone in a leather holster pouch. That is the reason why I didnt mention it in the review.
    PeninaD likes this.
    01-01-2015 11:16 PM
    Using Hula for now simply because it was all I could get my hands on same time I got my phone.
    After digging around on Amazon and trying to find anything locally, I await a Naked Tough case in the mail.
    01-03-2015 06:58 PM
    Using Hula for now simply because it was all I could get my hands on same time I got my phone.
    After digging around on Amazon and trying to find anything locally, I await a Naked Tough case in the mail.
    Congrats. I ordered all thee from Amazon. The naked tough was the hardest to find for some reason.
    01-04-2015 06:17 AM