Moto Voice issue

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that about 50% of the time, if not more, when I try to use it, it doesn't respond to me. I can only get it to start working by rebooting the phone. This is extremely frustrating. I've factory reset the phone with no luck. Anyone else had this issue?

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I logged in just now to see if I was alone in this. If you try and re-record the command, you'll notice it doesn't work b/c the mic (or at least, the interface behind it) isn't picking up any audio. Quite frustrating.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Considering moto voice is one of the main reasons I bought this phone, yeah it's pretty damn frustrating. Hopefully a fix comes soon.

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Do you use NPR One? My issue as it turns out (or at least one of them) is related to the NPR One player service. If I stop this service (the second one in the screenshot below), Moto Voice starts working. If it is the same for you please post on Moto support forums as well as let NPR know.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5263.jpg
    5263.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 30

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I figured that since the issue was that Moto Voice wasn't actually 'hearing' anything (as was evident when I tried to re-train it the command phrase), something else was using that resource. Now, b/c you (and someone on Moto Support forums) are having this issue, yet you aren't running NPR One, it seems likely that the issue is either with Moto Voice or the OS not allowing access to a resource in tandem with others. I'd restart your phone, then fire up whatever audio app you use most commonly, and try Moto Voice. If it still works, move to the next audio app, try again. Eventually, when it stops working, stop the services started by the most recent app - one by one - and figure which service is also using the same resource. If we can find several, I'd think it easier for the folks at Moto to find some commonality.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I feel that Moto voice for me is also very spotty. Not as useful as I had hoped it to be. What's the point of talking to my phone if I have to be within arms length and also have to look at my screen to see that it is doing things correctly. I hope it is a lollipop upgrade issue that will be fixed soon. Ie attentive display also does not work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol