Returns to Moto?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have trouble with their return to Moto?

I used the prepaid label they sent me and it shipped overnight and was received by them on 12/21/14. Now on 1/9/15 I still haven't gotten my refund. I just chatted with them and they said "Our warehouse has opened a case to investigate". That's all they tell me. I gave them proof it was delivered and all they can tell me is they are investigating. :(

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have trouble with their return to Moto?

I used the prepaid label they sent me and it shipped overnight and was received by them on 12/21/14. Now on 1/9/15 I still haven't gotten my refund. I just chatted with them and they said "Our warehouse has opened a case to investigate". That's all they tell me. I gave them proof it was delivered and all they can tell me is they are investigating. :(

Motorola customer service seems very hit and miss. You either get great service or really bad service. Unfortunately you appear to be getting the latter. From what I've read, with lots of phonecalls and perseverance, you will usually get the outcome you want. And sometimes, if they mess you around loads, they will offer you something to make up for it like a free upgrade, or case etc. I've had no personal experience with Motorola customer services, this is all just what I've seen other people say. I hope it turns out OK for you

Posted via the Android Central App

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
No offence, but they do have the right to investigate why the phone as returned. Theyll also pick random returns to check as part of their quality control. Same thing happened to me with Samsung. But, if its legit you have nothing to worry about.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time with them right now too except they can't find my phone. Tracking said it was received the Friday after Christmas but they "haven't gotten it". They've also opened an investigation with the warehouse. I'm assuming it will be a while before I get my refund. Pretty frustrating.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time with them right now too except they can't find my phone. Tracking said it was received the Friday after Christmas but they "haven't gotten it". They've also opened an investigation with the warehouse. I'm assuming it will be a while before I get my refund. Pretty frustrating.

Tracking showed they rec'd mine on 12/21 but I didn't get a "we received your return" email until a few days ago. I just got a call back that they have my phone and are processing it and I will receive my refund within the next 10 business days (or the 26th of January). So Dec 21st to January 26th to get a refund.

kreep

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I had issues returning mine for service. I sent it overnight on the 26th and they were supposed to send me a X code so that I could create a new order but it never came.
Every time I called they said that it was in the warehouse but they are really busy and have't scanned it in and once they do they will issue a code. I got this for a week before I called Fedex and was informed that the phone actually didn't make it to the Motorla warehouse and that Fedex had lost it in Memphis.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Tracking showed they rec'd mine on 12/21 but I didn't get a "we received your return" email until a few days ago. I just got a call back that they have my phone and are processing it and I will receive my refund within the next 10 business days (or the 26th of January). So Dec 21st to January 26th to get a refund.

Ditto. They just " found it" yesterday. So about the same time frame as yours. Will get refund within 10 business days. That was crazy and a lot of calling.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Refund is taking a while here as well. Seems it's been almost two weeks.

benrk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I was glad I found your post, I shipped mine out on the 20th or something, and still no refund. I plan on calling them.

This is utterly absurd, I've never had to wait more than a couple days for a refund from anybody.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I was glad I found your post, I shipped mine out on the 20th or something, and still no refund. I plan on calling them.

This is utterly absurd, I've never had to wait more than a couple days for a refund from anybody.

I'm still waiting, so expect a longer wait.

annon9279373

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I can one up all you guys. I returned mine on the 3rd of December and have yet to receive a refund. It was signed for in Ft. Worth and Motorola emailed me saying they received the device. I disputed with my card company and sent all evidence that I indeed did return. I will probably never buy another device from Motorola because of this. Absolutely outrageous that I would have to open a dispute in order to receive a refund.

6paq

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Returns seem to be a real problem with this company. They received mine back on Dec 29, and I've made no progress at all with getting the refund. I've called 3 or 4 times already, and its like going in circles. Yesterday, completely exasperated dealing with them, and getting absolutely nowhere, I finally filed a dispute with my credit card issuer. I figured what's the point of continuing to bother with Moto?

It's bad enough they send you a defective phone, but then they've got to leave things where you'd never, ever, want to do business with them again. Very annoying when a company chooses to float their business, in part, on monies that should have been returned to a customer. And if they're giving you 2 weeks to decide if a phone is right for you, then they should be required to refund your money within the very same amount of time. I'm actually considering filing a complaint with my State's Attorney General. Motorola are being a bunch of wiseguys with this, and they have it coming. On the phone they pretend all sorts of confusion about the return, when anyone can just take the tracking number to FedEx and see they received it weeks ago.

BTW, ticked off enough with this that I registered here today just to weigh in. Wish I was saying hello for the first time on a better note.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
They've got a ways to go to catch up with companies who make returns easy. Amazon refunds me my money as soon as the package is dropped off at FedEx. I've been waiting nearly a month now and have 12 days to go.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So this keeps getting better and better. They originally rec'd my package (known by tracking) on 12/21/14. Then on 1/5/15 I got the "We rec'd your package and are working on your refund processing email". That's when I called and found out I'd have my refund within about 10 business days or the somewhere in midddle/late January.

Well I woke up this morning to another email from moto. They resent me the exact same "We rec'd your package" email but now it has today's date! Keep in mind I've talked to them and confirmed they received it back near the 5th and was given the time frame for the refund.

I just got done chatting and was told "There was an error in your original processing so we are showing it as received today". So guess what? I was told my 10 business days starts over again today!! So now my estimate is February 2nd. This is bordering on a crime, holding my money hostage since they rec'd the package on 12/21 and not going to refund me until 2/2.

Wondering if I should open a case with my CC company or if they will say there's nothing they can do since they are "processing" my refund?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Now there's a new problem and a case has been created to research my refund.

I'm done with them. Calling my credit card company today.

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've done their return twice now...on my 2013 moto x I returned it, never got a refund. After 2 months of fighting, I just gave up the $27. But just returned my 2014 moto x (football leather was peeling up) on Jan 19th and got my refund last night. So it definitely seems to be hit or miss.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I disputed this with my CC company after my last post above. They instantly reversed the charge but said Moto has 2 credit card billing cycles to dispute. I hope I didn't do more damage than good. It should not have come to this. I explained everything to the CC company CSR and she also said I should dispute it but I'm doubting myself now.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Man I was about to return my phone because I didn't like the size. The day before I was going to send, I dropped it, cracked the wood and dented the hell out of the metal trim. I was scared as heck. Called them and they said "ah no problem just send it in as long as it still works you can return". Got my full refund after a few days. I've had great experience with Motorola.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88