Interruptions

fmcgirt

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I just received my 2014 Moto X, inserted my AT&T SIM from my old 2013 X, downloaded my apps and upgraded to Lollipop 5.0. All seems well. However, I am having a little trouble understanding the new interruptions/downtime schemes.

What I want to accomplish is to allow my favorite contacts to call and send me text messages during a set period at night and shut down everything else. I believe I can do this by setting up Settings>Interruptions>Downtime to the desired period, allowing Priority Interruptions from Calls and Messages only and allowing the Calls/messages from Starred Contacts only. Then before going to bed I use the Volume rocker switch to choose Priority and that's it. When I am ready to allow all interruption again the next day, I use the Volume rocker switch to select All.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach? Is there a better way?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. This stuff in Lollipop is not straight forward to me. It seems like I can change stuff in several places if I use Moto and that is confusing.

GingerSnapsBack

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
That's how I do it. My sleep patterns are messed up due to working two jobs and I put my phone on priority in between jobs.

I just hit the volume down or up button and tap priority when it comes up. Then tap the gear and toggle phone calls and messages to on and after that, just starred the 3 contacts who can interrupt me while I sleep and their calls and messages come through fine. You can pick calls or messages or both. I hear the calls, but my MMS/SMS sound is a simple ding so that doesn't wake me up but the phone calls do.

Edit - I don't bother to set actual times for my phone to sleep since my sleep patterns change through the week and I'm just too lazy to do it. It's just easier to use the volume buttons on the side and manually put the phone in priority mode. :)

fmcgirt

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reply. I am glad to know I was on the right track as I wasn't having much luck figuring out the interactions between Interruptions and Moto. My sleep patterns also vary and it is much simpler to just change things manually. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz