Does anyone know if the metallic gold speaker grills on the Moto X 2014 have ridges?

mzpq

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
There was mention of certain colored speaker grills on the Moto X 2014 not having ridges. The ridges are uncomfortable on the ear and I would like to get some that are smooth and read that some colors came with a smooth surface.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Unless you use the phone to play violin on your ear during a call... yeah, you still won't notice them. I have ridges on mine and I just purposefully tried to make it uncomfortable. No matter how many times I rub it back and forth on my ear and how hard, I still don't feel them. The ridges are very fine.

As for your question, I don't have an answer. What I'm trying to say is, if you really like the gold and they come ridged, don't let it deter you.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
There was mention of certain colored speaker grills on the Moto X 2014 not having ridges. The ridges are uncomfortable on the ear and I would like to get some that are smooth and read that some colors came with a smooth surface.
Do you mean ridges in the actual grille itself, or are you talking about the fact that they're raised up slightly? I have blue ones and they have no ridges in the actual grille. They are raised, but they are on all moto x 2014's

Posted via the Android Central App

mzpq

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Nickname303: i am not sure how to post a quote.

The actual ridges in the grill. I am aware that the grills are raised above the surface of the phone. I am looking for smooth grills. So far I have had 2 phones sent with dark metallic gray and they both had ridges so I want to try a different color scheme. I am considering a navy back with gold accents. From pictures I am not all that impressed with the blue grills.

walrusmonarch

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Do specific colors come with a specific style? I recall seeing a picture before of a Moto X 2014 with gold trim with the ribbed speaker grills instead of smooth ones. I've got the orange trim and the speaker grills are smooth.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Do specific colors come with a specific style? I recall seeing a picture before of a Moto X 2014 with gold trim with the ribbed speaker grills instead of smooth ones. I've got the orange trim and the speaker grills are smooth.

Its possible there was a design change and they are getting rid of all the ridged grills before they start with the smooth ones. My moto x has ridged metallic dark gray grills, but I've seen ones in the same color that are smooth.