What features does the Moto X have that the Droid Maxx doesn't?

sigmasirrus

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
The Moto X advertises some cool features like touchless controls, detecting when you're driving, etc. But the battery and camera suck. These two seem to be better on the Droid Maxx. I'm wondering which features the Moto X has that the Droid Maxx doesn't? Or did Motorola include all of those cool features in the Droid Maxx?

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

sigmasirrus

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Cool, thank you. I might add that the Droid Turbo also seems to be doing the one-up on the Moto X... It's confusing since there's a lot of overlap and Motorola's website is sparse on details...

sigmasirrus

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Great! Thanks that's what I was looking for. So it looks like Motorola is competing with itself... lol As far as I can see, the only advantages of the Moto X are the hardware customization options (Wood + Leather) and more timely software updates / less bloatware. It seems that the Droid Turbo is the direct successor to the Droid Maxx. So Droid Turbo > Droid Maxx > Moto X. Thanks!

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
droid turbo gets that cool clock widget that regular moto does not get. Droid turbo is a really good choice on verizon. However idk if it is eligible for moto promo going on right now

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Really lollipop is all it has. Sorry but for better specs and a better phone it is not a deal breaker as there has been a lot of quirks with lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Verizon, don't mind the size/weight, don't mind the delayed OS updates, and don't mind the extra Verizon bloat, then get the turbo.

If any of this bothers you, the X is a great option as well.

Sent from my XT1096

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
droid turbo gets that cool clock widget that regular moto does not get. Droid turbo is a really good choice on verizon. However idk if it is eligible for moto promo going on right now

Has to be bought through Motorola's site. The turbo redirects you to vzw. So no go on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38