Smart lock not working.

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got my wife a Pure Edition Moto X. This thing is freakin nice. The only problem is Smart Lock doesn't work. I have the latest Play Store downloaded, all location services turned on ( high accuracy, location reporting etc). I've set up home and work for Now, turned the setting on, multiple reboots and nothing. I even open maps and let it know the device is at home, go back to home screen and lock. Unlock it just to have the password input pop up. Any suggestions?

TIA

Posted via Android Central App

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have, it's been set up for a couple days but hasn't worked. But today it worked for her at work, just won't work for home. It has the same address set up as my Nexus 5 just doesn't work at home now. Maybe it has to recognize the location or stabilize the function?

Posted via Android Central App

ravensflight

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I suspect you may have the same issue I do - that, especially when logged into wifi - it doesn't seem to check/record the GPS fix. No idea why or on a general fix but if you happen to know where the nearest cell tower is you could use that as a test - if it unlocks with that as a trusted place then it's the same issue of not having the GPS and just taking the cellular tower position. This worked for me though I wouldn't leave it as a trusted place for obvious reasons! I am not sure how to resolve this but thought it would be useful data if your issue is the same.