I have 5 achieved conversations in Google Hangouts on my phone. Whenever I reboot my phone those 5 archived conversation show back up in my current list of Hangouts conversations. I touch and hold the conversation I want to archive hit the archive button and get the message Archiving Hangout, but they still come back after a phone reboot. Am I archiving wrong, is this the way archived conversations work after a reboot, or is there something I'm missing?
    03-05-2015 11:37 AM
    No, they should stay archived. Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Hangouts, and Clear Cache.
    Followed your instructions but it did not work, then I cleared cache and data that did not work, I deinstalled and reinstalled and that did not work, I cleared cache and data then deinstalled and reinstalled and that finally did the trick.
    No, they should stay archived. Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Hangouts, and Clear Cache.
    03-05-2015 11:53 AM
    Followed your instructions but it did not work, then I cleared cache and data that did not work, I deinstalled and reinstalled and that did not work, I cleared cache and data then deinstalled and reinstalled and that finally did the trick.
    B. Diddy and fablis like this.
    03-05-2015 02:06 PM
    If your using hangouts for SMS, I'd suggest you just switch to Google's material messenger app (just called Messenger). It looks better and gives you the option to "block" (disable notifications and archive) conversations.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2015 08:07 PM
    It did the trick for me too.
    04-12-2016 03:17 PM