Why wont some of my music play or show in library? Music Playback Error and albums wont show

LeviCituaist

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Last week I got a new phone, Moto X, and transferred a bunch of music into it. Most worked just fine, but 4 albums had a problem. Two of them simply dont show in my library and the other 2 display the following error message when a song from one of them is played: Music playback error - Couldnt play the track you requested.
Ive tried clearing Google Play Musics cache and data but the problem wasnt solved. I also cant remove my SD card because I dont have the little key that opens the compartment where its stored. Could anybody please help me? Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X doesn't support external microSD cards (neither the 2013 nor 2014 versions). You're thinking of the SIM card, which doesn't store that information.

How did you transfer those music files to the phone--via USB connection, using Windows Explorer to drag and drop? Can you try installing a 3rd party music player like PowerAmp or Mortplayer Music and see if that app can play the music successfully?

LeviCituaist

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I transferred it via USB. I downloaded poweramp and its great, way better than google play music, and the songs are playing, BUT... the two albums are still not showing. What should I do?