Moto X 2014 pure edition

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: New soak test invites for pure edition going out

I got the invite and I signed up. Nothing to download yet. As soon as I can I will report back with my findings. (Its more or less bug fixes I bet.)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I got the invite as well... but I'm not doing it this time. Last time they had all kinds of issues pushing this to my device. I'm not going to do it... I'll just wait until it gets released to everybody.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

fatboy is on point. The last soak test debacle (and lack of any subsequent fixes) is the reason I'm now using a Nexus 6. I'm really not here to troll, and I still want to love the Moto X, but I had to cut bait due to the glitchiness that was introduced. That being said, I am going to see what improvements the new update brings (when the real OTA happens).

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I would really like to know what this update is as the Nexus devices are starting to get 5.1 today. I was in on the first soak but have not received an email for this one yet.

mightymikek83

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I have my Moto X PE shipping to me as we speak. I currently own a Nexus 5 but want to give the X a go. I hope this soak test is 5.1!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: New soak test invites for Moto X 2014 pure edition going out

Hoping it's 5.1 and then the Verizon Moto X gets it! Mine has been pretty bad since the 5.0 update, even after wiping.

Posted via the Android Central App

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

How do you participate in a soak test?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

That's a good article to get you started, but be sure to set BOTH the phone AND the Motorola account used to register the phone to be part of MFN. If both aren't done then you will not get the soak test update.

Also, it is too late to sign up for this soak test as the invites already went out. However, you will get invites to all future soak tests and early Motorola App updates on your current phone after signing up.

If, in the future, you have another Motorola phone you will need to opt that new phone into MFN to get soak tests. This is done through the same account as before.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I got one for the 1st gen. Can anyone confirm this test is for the 2gen/ thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone gotten the soak test yet?

If they are doing a proper soak test, they are not suppose to use any other forum or talk about this test outside of the Motorola's own secure soak test forum.

This includes any talk about what version or the details of these changes.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I have yet to get any push of the soak test. I am signed up. As soon as I see it I will report back! :)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I have yet to get any push of the soak test. I am signed up. As soon as I see it I will report back! :)

It's interesting that you are willing to break their NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement).

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

The new flashlight double shake is nice.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Google qb77. He has an explanation of how to easily install 5.1 on the 2014 Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App