For the last several weeks streaming music has been randomly stopping during playback. Sometimes it will go several songs without a problem and sometimes it will stop multiple times during one song. It occurs with downloaded songs as well. The phone is rooted but has the stock recovery. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gian-Carlo Sterken likes this.
    03-09-2015 03:13 PM
    This has been happening to me also. It started a few weeks ago like yours also.
    I music just stop on Spotify then I have to unlock the phone, relaunch the app then select a song again. Very weird & annoying.

Also, the album art and music controls dissapear from the lockscreen after a few minutes when using the knock code lock screen.

AT&T G Flex Rooted & TWRP Recovery
    03-20-2015 09:02 PM
    I don't use Spotify, but I use Google Play Music every day on my 2014 X. Every once in awhile, I'll have an issue where Play Music will tell me that something's wrong with the stream and just stop playing, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times that's happened since I got this phone in December. It might help to note what version of the phone you have, as they aren't all on the same version of the OS. I have a Pure Edition running 5.0 at the moment.
    03-22-2015 11:26 AM
    I've been having problems with Play Music the last couple weeks. The radio streaming works fine but when I try to play a full album it will get through several songs and then ultimately "freeze" at a certain point in a song. I won't be able to continue playing the song and even if I restart it will freeze at the same point.

This seems to be T-Mobile related as it does not occur on WiFi nor HSPA (only LTE).
    03-24-2015 10:13 AM
    I've got the same playback spotify problem, with my Galaxy S6. Very annoying!!
    04-28-2015 04:07 AM
    Same problem here. Sometimes it's once and done, others its every ~3 minutes! I suspect something on Spotify's end since I have it happen on the PC too.
    04-28-2015 04:59 PM