Google Play services

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey just out of curiosity what version software of Google Play services comes on the 2nd gen Moto X? I have said it and I think it's a bit glitchy that is why. Thank you.

32 gig custom made 2nd gen Moto X by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't matter, because Google Play Services auto-updates whenever a new version rolls out. The current version is 7.2.40. You could go to the app page on Google Play Store on your computer browser, click the Installed button, then select your Moto X and see if it says it's already installed. If it isn't, click Install, and it should update shortly on your phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't matter, because Google Play Services auto-updates whenever a new version rolls out. The current version is 7.2.40. You could go to the app page on Google Play Store on your computer browser, click the Installed button, then select your Moto X and see if it says it's already installed. If it isn't, click Install, and it should update shortly on your phone.
Gotcha thanks I try to sell it if you didn't versions but it wouldn't work. & I ain't that smart lock feature via bluetooth in my car. It's very safe

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha thanks I try to sell it if you didn't versions but it wouldn't work. & I ain't that smart lock feature via bluetooth in my car. It's very safe

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this response.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this response.
Oh I'm sorry, What I meant to say was I tried to sideload the older version of Google Play services due too smart lock Bluetooth feature in my car not working but it hasn't worked yet for the side loading apk file unfortunately. Basically when I get my car and Bluetooth hooked up on my Civic Si it still locks up in my car. Whereas it didn't before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see. I think Lollipop 5.1 might have messed up the Smart Lock feature. The Smart Lock feature on my Nexus 5 on 5.1 no longer works correctly, either.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I see. I think Lollipop 5.1 might have messed up the Smart Lock feature. The Smart Lock feature on my Nexus 5 on 5.1 no longer works correctly, either.
Will you know something, it's interesting you said it. Because I found a week apk file of the Google Play services from 5.1 tried to sideload because it has the on body feature which uses be proximity sensor and gyroscope sensor to detect and help the phone detect when the phone is on the body vs not on the body for locking it up. However, the second I installed it and messed up my smart lock feature completely. Even if I use a spotless future with my moto buds bluetooth headphones, it doesn't work.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh I think you're right. Is there any way to revert or downgrade to the older version at this point?

Hey thanks
Oh I think you're right. Is there any way to revert or downgrade to the older version at this point?

Hey thanks for the update. Will you have to do is forcingly uninstall it and reinstall it and we set up all your trusted places and not force lock the phone you have to let it the screen time out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21